Skip to content

My roleplaying playthrough with a Sorcerer

Well as gamer that finished each and every IE games bazzilion times i decided to go a bit roleplaying in BGEE.
Call it chesse or cheating - in case of Roleplaying its the gameplay expirience and fun that matters.

Basicly ive made a Sorcerer to solo the game.
Ive also added some custom factors into my playthrough.
First was the staff of . Basicly a +1 staff but with that nice 1PP new graphics.

Another one was a potion of Improved Alacrity which upon being consumed gave my PC the Improved Alacrity effect but perma.

Next customisation was slightly editing the Cat Fammiliar stats so it would have a 100% Traps Detecting/Pickpocketing/Open Locks. The rest i left unchanged. Oh and i actualy changed the name of the Cat in dialog to Astrat.

As a last ive made a custome wizard robe with that nice hoodie but without any magical atributes.

Explanation:
-There are little to no Mage Staffs in the game. And i always felt jelly of Elminster/Gandalf/Khelben. Its like whereever theres a epic Wizard he has some fancy staff of his. I wanted that too.

-Ive found it always anoying how the wizard casts a spell and then just starts running like a bitch waiting for the counter to reset. And i felt cheated when i played the game for the first time when ive seen Gorion's scripted spell casting without delay or stop. Then ive made a wizard just to find out the truth... So yeah. And hey, i am a Spawn of Bhall right? I really should have some unique trait. And after all - i havent touched the spellcasting speed or spells/level.

-I dont like cats IRL. But i do in game hah! And i love having fammiliars. For roleplay reasons but not only. Cat with some fancy editing covers the thievery in game(traps/locks).

-Robe is propably the most fair addition. I just hate the default wizard look heh.

So far so good. Got myself really into the role.
Oh and i edited the colors of my character outside of what the game actualy let you pick from.
So i have a perfectly red hairs hehe.

If someone's interested i can post some screenshots or the items.

Have a good day anyway.

Comments

• FubbyFubby Member Posts: 189
    Cool
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Nice! I love customising the game and making it more personal. I'd like to see screenshots.

As for the staff, there is a mod that adds bunch of cool wizard staffs with glowing orbs of every color and magical ranged attack. Def. check it out, I think you'll like it.
  • MathiasMathias Member Posts: 21
    I would love to see screenshots and know how you did these modificqtions
  • IrbisIrbis Member Posts: 49
    glad you like it :)
    As for screenshots ill wait with droping them here.
    Thats mostly because i took the original idea to a next level and decided to make a kit.
    Sadly as i cant code in WeiDU its mosty Item based.

As of "How" Heres a explanation:

1. Staff
    Using a program for modding games based on Infinity Engine called DLTCEP I picked the Glowing Staffs and changed some things (Color, glow and i actualy added Paperdoll as it was missing it). Then i Exported the new item and placed it in Overwrite folder, inside BGEE folder. Then i spawned that staf using CLUAConsole.

2. Stopless spellcasting
    Quite similiar. Took DLTCEP and picked a random potions. Deleted all its effects and added my own which is Increased Spellcasting Speed. Additionaly ive set the Duration of the effect to Prmanent. This Effect controls how many spells can be cast in one round. Then i saved the potions in Overwrite folder and again spawned it ingame (and consumed).

3. Cat fammiliar
    Again DLTCEP. Ive searched for the fammiliar CRE file (A file with all the statistics of a creature), opened and changed the Thivering skills to my desire. Then i saved the file as it was and exported to Overwrite. This way the new CRE overwrited the original one and enabled my cat to be my thief-bitch :3

4. Robe
    Took the regular non-magical version of wizards robe and just changed the armor class so it would look like the Archmage with a nice hoody. +some extra color changing. Saved, exported, CLUAConsoled in game.

5. PC colors
    Ive used ShadowKeeper for that. Basicly opened the SAVE file and changed the colors to the ones i wanted.

Oh and if you guys want something similiar or want to bless your character with some extra traits, unavailable from the core game - ask me. I can craft you anything you desire, really =)
    But to tell you the truth - its no rocket science. DLTCEP is incredibly user-friendly and easy to learn.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    If you make a familiar into a perfect rogue, I'd say you didn't actually solo the game.
  • IrbisIrbis Member Posts: 49

If you make a familiar into a perfect rogue, I'd say you didn't actually solo the game.

he is not perfect. 90-100% in Pickpocketing, Hide in Shadow,Detect Traps and Open Locks.
    And it all depends on what you call "Solo the game".
    All the games from BG saga was designed for a group of characters - not just one. And in many situations Thiefs are taken only for the sake of traps/locks. And i dont like missing content just because some Devs been lazzy in their desig :P
    Also a "perfect thief" is not any game winner. 70-80% of the game is combat oriented anyway and it doesnt matter did you picked couple of locks before the fight or not.
    If we would stick to the definition of "Solo" as "Finishing the game with only one character" then its perfectly fine.
    Of course you can define it diffrently but in the end it doesnt matter a little bit. This is a single player game not a mmo. So its all up to the actual player.
    Bottomline this is the way i play BG saga which i find both challanging and rewarding, and which grants me more enterteiment rather then frustration.
    Oh and for the RP sake ^^