Skip to content

New Game... For real!

ShadowTigerShadowTiger Member Posts: 60
edited May 2013 in Multiplayer
Okay I will go ahead and organize this since people seem to be flaking out. I will check this thread every day!

If you want to play Baldur's Gate online, post a reply to this thread saying when you would like to play. Also list what class, race, and alignment you would like to play as. This doesn't have to be your final choice, it is just to get people to start thinking and to see if there are problems (say if we have a mix of good and evil and that bothers some people).

Once we get everyone together we can talk about exactly how we want to play, but this is mostly to get at least 3 people together. I think 6 would be cool especially if not everyone can make it every week.

"Commitment" is your estimate of how often you will miss a session because of work, vacation, family or health issues, etc. If you know that you will have trouble making it every week, or that you might get bored and just quit, let us know ahead of time!

Format:

Time Zone: GMT -8, (PST)
Days available: Saturday and Sunday, but sundays i'm busy from 4:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
Commitment: 90%
Class: Swashbuckler
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Post edited by ShadowTiger on
Steamer

Comments

• losmanlosman Member Posts: 11
    Time Zone: CST
    Days Available: Sat/Sun can be available all times usually those days
    Commitment:90%
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Defender
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    or Elf Assassian
  • MalanthyusMalanthyus Member Posts: 8
    Time Zone: PST
    Days Available: Sat/Sun can be available at any time after 10am pst on saturday
    Commitment: 90% (Hey, an asteroid could hit tomorrow, okay?)
    Race: Gnome
    Class: Cleric/Illusionist
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
  • ShadowTigerShadowTiger Member Posts: 60
    Okay this is a great start! I think we may go ahead and start this Saturday. Meanwhile... people should keep posting in this thread if they want to join.
    Sounds good. Will we be using skype or ventrillo to coordinate?
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    Time Zone: EST (even tho i'm actually in GMT +1)
    Days available: Saturday and Sunday mostly from 10am PST and onwards
    Class: Dragon diciple (or perhaps a more tanky/support role if needed)
    Race: Human (if i cant make a dwarven DD, which i doubt is possible)
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
  • SteamerSteamer Member Posts: 25
    Time Zone: CEST
    Days available: All days
    Commitment: 100%
    Class: pref; Blade, Assasin or Shadowdancer
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    edited May 2013
    Okay... looks like we are all set. I think I am going to change mine to a fighter (berserker)... can't let that full plate go to waste : P

I prefer to use skype for communication.

skype works for me

can't let that full plate go to waste : P

Losman rolls a plateuser?:P
    Sounds good if everyone is on board with that, we can PM each other our Skype names on Friday. Maybe we can get another party member before then.

Looks like we could use a thief or bounty hunter for disarm traps. Or another divine caster. If we don't get our sixth player we could always take along Imoen.

"Losman rolls a plateuser?:P" Had to take advantage of Shadowtiger's Skald's song with a melee character, but now that he is rolling beserker I will just have to duel him for the first set of plate, watch how fast I run when he pops bersker=) .
    Lol, well 2 Ankheg armours are easy enough to get anyway :)
    I can spend some points to disarmtraps or someone max con and just run through them? :D
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    maxing con is my plan, and a globe of invulnerability can cope with most traps tbh, plus there's always knock for securing those pretties...
    Steamer
    Sounds good, looking forward to it.
  • omniliciousomnilicious Member Posts: 20
    Time Zone: GMT -8, (PST)
    Days available: Saturday and Sunday
    Commitment: 65% If it's set to one weekend day specifically, 90% of it's either day (I'm generally out one day of the weekend. I need sunlight ;)
    Class: Paladin(inquisitor or Blackguard)
    Alignment: LG or CE

I goes both ways ;).
    Steamer
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I am on the fence between berserker, archer, swashbuckler, or fighter/thief... I haven't really played multiclass much except one time as a mage/cleric.

For now I will go with swashbuckler! So far we will have 2 mages, 1 cleric, 1 thief, and 4 front line fighters. It looks like we are going to be an interesting party with a mix of good and evil.

Can I have everyone vote on a few things

1) Do you want to have power gamer characters with fairly high stats (18,18,18,10,10,10) or do you want to have more realistic stats similar to those of NPCs.

2) Do you want to have some sort of voting system for important dialogue choices or just work it out as a team? I am thinking of something simple like rolling a die and whoever is highest gets to choose. Another option would be to simply do whatever gets us the most loot & exp...

*Note - we have full slots right now, but people can still reserve spots on the waitlist in case anyone drops out. Just keep posting your info.
    Post edited by ShadowTiger on
    Id say we roll whatever stats we want on our chars, if ppl think we are op or so we can always rise the difficulty. On the dialog note Id say we vote on important matters :)
    I myselg have played this game to many times, so I know basicly everything insideout so Ill try do a little worse character and let you lead the way
    How about reloading? Will we try to keep it to a minimum. Do we use raise dead rather than reload? What about pick pocketing, if someone fails and gets agro from an npc do we kill it?
    What is everyones primary weapons gonna be? Just curious so that I have less competition for drops. I was gonna choose axes.
    Warmace I guess? On reloading, just have to be a bit careful. There are ways to afford raise dead scrolls etc. Ankhegs aren't sitting next to a farm for no reason after all. :P
    Haha true about the ankhegs, ill go for dart/dagger/shortsword
  • MageforDaysMageforDays Member Posts: 1

Time Zone: GMT -5, (EST)
    Days available: Saturday and Sunday, 9-11pm on weekdays
    Class: Mage
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

I don't know if I'm late to the party here.
    Yeah it got filled Mage but as Shadow says he will keep you on the roster as a back up
  • Drow_ArrowDrow_Arrow Member Posts: 73
    Time Zone: GMT 0 (London,Lisbon)

Days available: everyday between 09:00pm - 01:00am maybe longer will play it by ear per session

Commitment: 75%

Class: Sun Soul Monk

Alignment: Lawful Good

Comments:

assuming i have a contact through skype/steam etc i'll always let you know in advanced if i can't make any particular session.
    Okay... lets start tomorrow at 12 PM PST... Everyone should send me a message through the forum with your skype username and I will add you as a contact.
    that is 10 pm CEST if anyone asks :)
    Oops... I thought that was CST not CEST... if you want we can start an hour or two earlier
    Sent you pm with skype info Shadow and I am good for 12pm PST. If it changes to and hour or 2 earlier that is fine also.
    Its fine with me :)
    User name sent, kind of the same as here in case anyone else sees this first. ^_^;
    Yeah I am on skype now, I see 2 / 4 people I invited on skype online (losman, you are not showing up as online for me). I still need a skype username from omnilicious.