Skip to content

iPad & PC difference

ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
Hi everyone,

I own BG:EE on iPad and PC, and I have successfully moved save files and characters between the devices despite Apple's determined efforts to prevent any access to the iPad's file system.

However, I did some tinkering with affect codes in Shadowkeeper which (perhaps surprisingly) worked on the PC version (the example I tried was permanent spell reflection which worked as intended and had appropriate visuals and UI in the game).

However, when I tried to load that save file on my iPad the app would repeatedly crash. Now, obviously such tampering with files is done at one's own risk but I'd love to know why this works on PC but not iPad. Any suggestions?

Comments

• BJMJDBJMJD Member Posts: 192
    The first thing which comes to my mind is : you forget to copy a file which can be in your overwrite folder or in your portraits folder. Try to copy this both folder in the portraits folder on your Ipad.
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    Thanks, but I figured it out - the baldur.gam file created by Shadowkeeper is not uppercase, so that's why naively copied edited save games didn't work. I didn't catch that one before because Windows is mostly case-insensitive.
    lunar
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yeah, Ipad is very case-sensitive, if you add an edited Bandit.cre or BANDIT.CRE or even Bandit.CRE, the override/portraits folder will have all of them, and I have no idea which one will be dominant and be factored in the actual game.

Save games do not work if Baldur.gam and .sav files are not uppercase, either. Weird but true.