Skip to content

Everything that has a beginning... has an end...

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Sarevok looks like he's just chilling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    awesome for khalid doing almost half of the work. really shows that he can be a good ally if used right. how did you use him?
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    along with good charisma to help stop those morale failures? i usually have decent charisma and usually don't have problems with him, but he doesn't usually do so much of the work for me.
  • KRKKRK Member Posts: 21
    Xellos the starcraft1 legend? What is he doing in an RPG ? I though you were RPing :)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Congratulations! You did a no-reload, no less! Now install scs and start from scratch. :-) this time there will be reloads, though, heh.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    My thought was Xellos from Slayers. "Sore wa himitsu desu!"
  • dstoltzfusdstoltzfus Member Posts: 280
    That poor bat...
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    It takes good knowledge of the game to finish it without reloading. I on the other hand am a compulsive saver and cannot in good will abandon a character who died.
    Did you do side quests like Durlag's Tower?
    Did you finish the game in one shot?
    What difficulty mode did you pick?
    And how did you manage to hoard up such a large amount of gold?
    I'm currently doing a solo insane run with SCS. I've sold every magical items I don't use and reached ~80k in Baldur's Gate. Since you seem to be using a full party it's likely you got your gold from somewhere else.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

That poor bat...

That ain't a poor bat, he's just chilling with Sarevok. Been drinking too much fruit nectar last nigth...

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Well done, Samus!
  • dawnlancedawnlance Member Posts: 25
    Congratulations, an epic journey!

In the first picture Saverok's eyes were still shining, suggesting that he would come back.

0 reload and death is a great achievement. And suppose if you have recruited Neera, this would be more difficult. In the final battle of my playthrough, Neera summoned a demon by wild surge. There's no cleric who remembered protecting from evil in my team.

Now I am waiting for BG2 EE and hope it will be a journey even better.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    Congratulations @Samus.

I notice that you have Khalid and Jaheira in the endgame and that Khalid did great. Did you carry them through the whole run through or did you sometime leave them to get someone else temporarily. Your reason for carrying Khalid and Jaheira as opposed to others would be interesting to hear.
    In the pictures of Sarevok on the ground and with @Samus title to this thread, it made me think of the line "Is this the end of Rico?".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gkqQr8QdnM
    edited May 2013
    @Samus said.....

Mainly for role playing purposes and I like their personalities. From my perspective, if I were writing a novel on the game I would imagine the protagonist trusting Imoen, Khalid and Jaheira throughout their journey hence I kept them all the way through. I then circle the final two NPC slots until I recruit Minsc and Dynheir to complete the party for BG2. I should say though if you recruit all the NPCs in this manner (unless you deliberately grind which I did not) the final two NPCs will be quite far away from the experience cap by the time you face Sarevok.

Question. If you fill the final two slots before the endgame with Minsc and Dynaheir, don't their levels equal approximately the Charname's level when they are recruited? I would be interested in knowing what that exact rule is.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    The highest level the NPCs come at is 6, regardless of Charname's XP total.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

The highest level the NPCs come at is 6, regardless of Charname's XP total.

And as I recall each NPC only has 3-4 levels they will come in at (the levels are preset not based directly on the PCs level where a level 3 PC always gets a level 3 NPC.

That said one would think that it would be unusual to get Minsc and Dyna at levels far below the PC level.