Skip to content

Mulahay in the Nashkel Mines gets red again after he surrenders when i open his chest

senior_hombresenior_hombre Member Posts: 6
edited May 2013 in Not An Issue
I do not know if this is BG:EE specific but i am in the Nashkel mines fighting Mulahey after he gets damaged enough he offers surrender, if i accept that he turns blue and stays out of the fight (there are still some minions to kill which stayed red). After the fight i can talk to him again, but he only says something about that his stuff is in the chest and i can take it all. But when i open the chest then he turns red again and his minions spawns again too.

What is the problem here?
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Mulahey's a lying bastard and shouldn't be trusted, that's what.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    @senior_hombre. From what I've heard, Mulahey's behavior you describe was newly programmed into BGEE. My recollection was that he does surrender in the original BG, but then he turns red again even before you open the chest.

I didn't get to see him turn red the second time in BGEE because he said all his communications were in the chest, and I didn't think that water boarding would have helped, so I killed him on the spot and his minions never spawned again. I often play chaotic good, but my good doesn't extend to the bad guys.
  • senior_hombresenior_hombre Member Posts: 6
    Ok i will test this, i was a bit confused as his minions respawned, that looked a bit bugish to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    BG just railroads dialogue through the encounter--he basically says open the chest and then betrays you all in one dialogue. BGEE adds the break to actually allow the betrayal and let's him summon an additional wave of enemies if you yield and give him the time.

His minions were also distributed a bit so they couldn't be bottle-necked quite so easily. They still can, since it's a narrow little cave, but it should be slightly better.