Skip to content

Possibility of animated forum avatars

Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
Hey folks!

Well, the question's in the title. Would it be possible to have animated avatars on the forums, sometime in the future? I just like animated avatars and was wondering... So, what do you guys think? Animated forum avatars: yay or nay? Discuss! :)

Comments

• DelvonDelvon Member Posts: 77
    Umm.. .gif's don't work? @kitteh_on_a_cloud
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    If I had any clue on how to make a gif, I'd try if it works or not. I'd LOVE to have em, so I can stick all 18 of my Boovatars together in one glorious animation! 8D
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Delvon said:

Umm.. .gif's don't work? @kitteh_on_a_cloud

Yeah, they don't work. My current avatar is actually a gif. file, an animation. Yet it doesn't seem to work...
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    I personally like it the way it is. I get distracted looking at a bunch of flashing/moving animated junk on forums. Maybe that's just me.
    Tried it myself, .gifs indeed don't work. It's a shame :/
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    NO. ;)
    @Space_hamster : b-but... You are a boovatarian brother, surely you'd understand the necessity of a dancing Boo? :'(
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Animated gifs give boo seizures lol
    @Bugrat: Not every animation is 'junk' as you describe it. Some animations can be really beautiful or fun to look at. Or do you consider them childish?

@Cheesebelly: I'd love to see a sequence featuring all of your different Boovatars. :p
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118

@Bugrat: Not every animation is 'junk' as you describe it. Some animations can be really beautiful or fun to look at. Or do you consider them childish?

I was just using 'junk' as a synonym for 'stuff'. That's just the way people talk in my part of the world, so that's the weird way I constructed my sentence. I did not mean it to be as a universally negative thing.

Yes, some animations are cool, but others are very distracting. It's like having a fly crawling around on the corner of my monitor that keeps drawing my eye from the text I'm trying to read.
    @Bugrat: I understand, they can be distracting indeed. But to be honest, the forum avatars aren't really THAT big, or are they?
  • DelvonDelvon Member Posts: 77
    Bugrat said:

I get distracted looking at a bunch of flashing/moving animated junk on forums. Maybe that's just me.

Definitely just you. It's me as well, although sometimes they're pretty amazing. Most of them are horrible though.

@Cheesebelly try her: http://mothereffinganimatedgif.com/ - a pretty easy way to make gifs.