Skip to content

THAC0 modifiers are incorrect.

VissiousVissious Member Posts: 53
edited December 2012 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
So, I was looking at my Record page after leveling up my kensai when I noticed that the listed THAC0 in the box that lists pretty much all of your charname info (the one you have to scroll down to read) differs greatly from the "THAC0 box" that sits underneath it; the latter always gives a much better value than the former. I did a quick number crunch and by the looks of things the THAC0 box is counting weapon proficeinceis twice and then adding strength modifiers on top. So, for example, it's currently telling me that I have -6 for two-handed sword and -3 from strength on a base THAC0 of 18, for a total THAC0 of 9. The scroll-box above it lists the correct value, which is 12 (18 -3 from prof, -3 from strength, no other bonuses applicable).

It's present for other classes that I've rolled up, too.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• YaeriusYaerius Member Posts: 61
    edited December 2012
    I've just discovered the same thing. Funny is that base THAC0 in the description is wrong (modified by items - not weapon) but the final THAC0 is right. In the box below the situation is switched. Base is displayed properly, but final is counted wrong. I think that the strength modifier is counted twice. I noticed it when using manual +1 str. My THAC0 jumped 2 points up. To be strict:
    8th level blackguard - base THAC0 = 13
    Strength 23 = -5
    Proficiency ** = -1
    Weapon +2 = -2
    Other items = -2 (Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise and Helm of Balduran)
    Sum should be 13-5-1-2-2 = 3 but the box shows -2 (another -5 from strength).

EDIT: I hope that the hit rolls take the real value, cause if not I'm definitely overpowered :D
  • GodBaneGodBane Member Posts: 3
    I posted a similar thing on the Baldursgate subreddit, I have images showing this bug here http://imgur.com/a/OANSd#0
  • AshlanderAshlander Member Posts: 4
    I get exactly the opposite. The final THAC0 box seems to be 13 but in the list it says says that I get 19(base)-6(Varsconia)-1(Varsconia again?)-1(elf), which should be 11, but displays 13 in final box.

I seriously hope this is just a display bug...
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    You are playing kensai in Baldur's Gate 1?

Are you brave or suicidal?
    Elf bonuses and such aren't displayed properly either. The Base THAC0 and THAC0 displayed at the top of the character information pane appear to always be correct.

Kensai are loads of fun. I've beaten BG1 twice with a kensai recently, the above screenshots are from the Black Pits though.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    GodBane said:

I posted a similar thing on the Baldursgate subreddit, I have images showing this bug here http://imgur.com/a/OANSd#0

With 18 Strenght it also shows me 0 as TH0 bonus or rather doesn't show anything at all for strenght. In the list that shows all character Bonuses it is shown as -4.

• VissiousVissious Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2012

You are playing kensai in Baldur's Gate 1?

Are you brave or suicidal?

Hehe, I'm playing as a half-orc with 19/18/19 physical stats and using a plate-mail Branwen to sit behind whilst I obliterate whatever gets thrown at me. The second I grab that that Con tome and start regenerating health things are going to get silly :D

Oh, and the THAC0 box is also bugged for missile fire; it's listing bonuses from DEX but not applying them in the final tally :(

In short, it's a nice idea but it appears to be quite broken.

It appears that last night's patch has fixed the THAC0 box that displays the total to the left of the listed bonuses, it appears to mirror the THAC0 in the character information pane now. Though the actual list still seems to be a bit off; Elf -1 THAC0 is shown on non-elf-bonus weapons, dual wielding still duplicates the primary hand's weapon entry, strength entry is nonexistant or reads incorrectly depending on the level of proficiency with the equipped weapon, still no kensai bonus :c, etc.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Current Behavior:

The "Gauntlets of Crushing" Bracelet - BRAC19 are bugged. Only The Thac0 bonus is being applied when this glove is equipped, the damage bonus is missing.

Expected Behavior: Both Thac0 and damage bonus foreseen on the glove should be applied when it's used.

Extra information:

This happens either in The Black Pits and Main Saga (via exported characters from black pits with the item).
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    New info:

In fact both bonus applies, in the record screen they're displayed, but in the inventory screen only the thac0 bonus is displayed.

It's a minor problem this way, fix or not will not change the game play.