Skip to content

Unusual party comosition

PietrakPietrak Member Posts: 8
Hey guys!

When BG comes out I will complete the game using the party members that are the least popular.

I need your help in picking a party composition.

The new chars are welcome.

Chars you can't use are: Minsc, Edwin, Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Viconia, Xan. I don't want Xzar or Montaron either because I hate them with a passion. I also dislike gnomes and halflings, but dwarfs are ok.

What are your ideas?

Comments

• WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    Neera, Rasaad, new orc guy, Dynaheir, Bard from bergost. With PC being Cleric to bring in the godly powers.
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    I was thinking about doing the same thing. Going with NPCs that don't appear in BG2: Eldoth, Skie, Kagain, Shar-Teel, Branwen... I never really used any of these guys for very long in my previous games -- Kagain and Branwen has made brief careers on my team, but that's about it.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited August 2012
    Eldoth, Skie, Faldorn, Sharteel + Kagain.

CHARNAME = Mage since all the in game mages are normally very popular, or I suppose you could use Quayle, but a multiclass Mage isnt a good option for your caster in BG1.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Tiax, Quale, Shar-Teel, Eldoth and Skie.

I don't think there's a party that will hate eachother more than this one.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Pietrak: How can you hate the awesomness that is Xzar and Monty? They're so cute together! :p ...I must admit that Monty usually has an 'accident' early on in my games, though... XD
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited August 2012

@Pietrak: How can you hate the awesomness that is Xzar and Monty? They're so cute together! :p ...I must admit that Monty usually has an 'accident' early on in my games, though... XD

Montaron! I...I never loved you!

If you are going for a party of the unpopular Quayle is a must, he is one of the most hated characters in the game. Garrick, Eldoth and Skie would be "good" choices too. That leaves one slot left. I would go for one of the new NPCs just for a bit of variety.

Though I think you will find things quite difficult to start with since a lot of the most unpopular characters are due to 1) Late starting location or 2) Mechanical weakness, so I think you should play a strong martial class to compensate.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    My personal recommendations for members include Edwin, Coran, Yeslick, and Kagain. I suppose we can split this into good and evil parties.

Kagain, Edwin & Sons need a priest (Branwen?), thief (Safana?) and maybe some more muscle (Dorn?). CHARNAME can literally be anything with this setup though I'd recommend something that can use a bow.

Coran and Yeslick need some beef (Ajantis?) and some magery (Neera?). Can flesh this out with more magic (Dynaheir?) or random quirkiness (Rasaad?).
  • PietrakPietrak Member Posts: 8
    I've made my choices I guess...
    I will go with all the new chars, my protagonist will be a cleric (Talos <3), Safana and Kagain :)
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    I guess the most unusual character are mostelly the character you can get only quite late in the game, like only once you get in baldur's gate
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    The problem is that certain pairings will result in someone getting killed - Shar-Teel will stomp Eldoth into paste if you leave them together for too long, and I think Yeslick and Kagain eventually come to blows as well.

If you're looking for the absolute worst combination of characters, I think it's Skie/Alora, Tiax, Quayle, Eldoth and Faldorn. Good luck getting through Durlag's Tower with that bunch, though. :)
  • AtlanticAtlantic Member Posts: 44
    Last game I completed was with nearly the exact party above, but due to the late apperances of the characters (as mentioned before), just pick up the 'main plotline' characters to fill the gaps until later. I always found the more 'unusual' characters to be more interesting to play through with anyway :p
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    Will probably use an Inquisitor PC and the 3 new Party Members. I'll also grab Imoen and maybe even Tiax as my Cleric. The day will come when TIAX will point and click! IF only he was more than a cameo BG2. He, Jan, and Minsc would have some great banters.