Skip to content

Durlag's Tower (or places like it)

So I just recently finished Durlag's Tower, and I believe I've finished/gone to most every other place on the map. I'm also almost finished with the main story. Now, imho, the tower was by far the best and most challenging part of the game, which seems to go leaps and bounds beyond anything I've encountered. Is it supposed to be this way? I mean, I love the whole game so far, but nothing seems to compare to it. Besides the main story, is there any place like Durlag's? Every other area I explore is full of weak monsters with little to no treasure or story :( Like, there's map after map of forest with weak monsters, the city of Baldur's Gate, and then there's Durlag's Tower lol.

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Durlag's is a one of a kind, everything else pales in comparison. I love that part of BG.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    There are also islands you can visit, Ice island and Balduran's Island. They can be suprisingly challenging if you don't know what you are doing. :-)

Ooh, you returned to Ulgoth's Beard after obtaining the Soultaker dagger from Demon knight, right? :-D

Other than these, well, you can try SCS mod, it makes most enemies real smart and cunning, and you may enjoy the new challenges. ^^
  • GandalfPortraitGuyGandalfPortraitGuy Member Posts: 206
    Fighting the Demon in Ulgoth's Beard was impossible for me.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    @GandalfPortraitGuy Potions of Mirror Eyes.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    The merchant in Ulgorths beard (located at the Inn I believe) sells a potion that is very very handy for the Aec'letec fight. Also, liberal uses of Dispel Magic on your party will stop them from exploding and spawning ghouls.
  • TinterTinter Member Posts: 152
    Balduran Island is of comparable difficulty, and the final battle is comparable. But yes, it is from an expansion pack originally, so it was intended to offer a big new challenge to people who had already completed the original game and thus is significantly harder.

Baldur's gate 2 has a similar dungeon, Watchers Keep.