Skip to content

status on MP (3+ players)?

raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
hey, can someone bring me up to speed?
last time i tried w/ hamachi some months ago the 2nd and 3rd player didnt see each other, is that fixed?
is it possible to play more than 2 players now?

Comments

• ShadowTigerShadowTiger Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    I have been playing without hamachi and it works, though sometimes when more than 2 players join the lobby it bugs out and we have to exit out of the game and restart. We had the same issue when using hamachi, so it doesn't seem to make a difference.

In any case, it is certainly possible, just keep restarting the game and have different people host until it works.
  • raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
    thanks, maybe i will... i'm gonna play through with some ppl who aren't 'die hard fans', so it can't be too many breakdowns or they will probably lose interest :|
  • Nitram_Vi_HermanniaNitram_Vi_Hermannia Member Posts: 64
    Well In BG2 similar problem I had...

Host saw everything.
    Second player saw host
    Third player saw everything.

What we had to do is Second player just had to log out and after that log in.
  • raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
    actually, in the spirit of answering my question if anyone else is interested, 3rd party software no longer seems necessary. we tried 3 ppl yesterday without hamachi and it went fine, gonna try starting a new game w 4 players tomorrow. it does require a bit of trying and failing, but eventually it just works.