Skip to content

Two-handed weapons, off-hands, and shields

So, I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to bring this up, but I can't find it in the last couple pages of threads and I don't really want to perform thread necromancy of the necessary magnitude if it's buried deeper than that. So new thread, please don't rage too hard. :P

I'd really like to be able to equip a two-handed weapon (or one-handed ranged weapon) without having to manually unequip the off-hand/shield slot. This would be particularly useful with regards to quick slots, as it'd be really nice to be able to have my sword-and-shield fighter put his bow in a quick slot, or my archer ranger be able to quickly switch to her two swords. Perhaps a feature could be added to disable the off-hand when a two-handed/ranged weapon is equipped, or we could have IWD2-style quick slots with an off-hand associated with each one. I don't know which of those would be easier, and each has its pros and cons, but I'd be pretty happy if either one were added.

Thanks for your consideration.

Comments

• Zzidolfas86Zzidolfas86 Member Posts: 77
    I support this! Throw in two-handed maces/axes once that is done! :D
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Man I would love to chop with a two handed axe! You made me remember the Barbarian in Diablo 2.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Actually, rather Greathammers(2h). That was actually a real weapon.
    The current hammers do quite meager damage and must be dual-wielded or with a shield. A warrior with a 2h hammer would be really impressive sight to behold.