Skip to content

Jagged Alliance: Flashback (Turn-Based Strategy Game)

IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
edited May 2013 in Off-Topic
Jagged Alliance has got to be one of the best games in the history of gaming. The gameplay, the characters, the ambiance...they're all in there. Now, it's making its comeback. The company says it will stay true to the original game, but will add in new cool stuff. It's really promising, I have to say. Please support it on Kickstarter. Please spread the word!

Jagged Alliance Kickstarter
Post edited by Illustair on

Comments

• KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    You bring the brains, I'll bring the brawn. Y'know?
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I suppose that means you would support it on Kickstarter? Please do. Support the new age. It's the rise of the classics.:D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    That's understandable. But Full Control seems to be very focused on having the game stay true to the original game. They frequently mention not fixing what isn't broken quotation. The admirable 2d merc faces and personalities, and not the lifeless ones from the remake make it interesting enough. To be honest, I doubt it will reach its end goal. They haven't even reached 50% mark, and only 20 days left. It will need all the support it can get.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Well, Back in Action felt rather dull and the AI in that game wins the dumbass of the year award by trying to melee with guns when someone came too close... The gameplay did not make the leap from turn based to real time well...

And in today's world, I suppose anyone making a turn based strategy game is worth supporting as they're not just going for the general audience who don't really play games outside of the fast paced shooters.
    edited May 2013
    Aw, really? You should have joined the art contest here in the forums, as they say they would give away copies of BG-2 when it will be released. Hopefully, there would be more contests to come. Flashback can be supported by other means though. Help spread the word please. It exceeded the 40% when it should...but barely made it.

@Kaltzor
    Indeed. It's a blessing in disguise I guess though that Flashback can learn from the mistakes of BiA.
    edited May 2013
    ** Comment Removed **
    $250k pledged, and $100k more to go...and only 3 days left. This is the best bet that could ever have a true sequel for Jagged Alliance; maybe the only chance we could ever have. I doubt any other company would pick this up if it won't get successfully backed up. I'm hoping some of the folks here would take notice. I really thought this is a game that BG players would really appreciate as well. Jagged Alliance, in my humble opinion, offers the same level of satisfaction as Baldur's Gate.
    I wonder if they could create a new kickstarter for it after this one ends and maybe try for a slightly lower goal... One that they could achieve as it doesn't seem like the fans of Jagged Alliance had the 350k $ they asked for...
    I'm afraid that won't be possible. $350k is the minimum goal, just to cover the expenses needed to create the game. The real income would come from sales outside of kickstarter, I believe. They're doing well so far in the last few hours. Now they've exceeded $300k with only 34 hours left. A nail-biting situation but still achievable. @Kaltzor: got any rich uncles or friends who might be interested on be included in-game and recognized worldwide, or oil company owner that might want to advertise company for only $10k (Oily Business Tier Pledge)?;p
    Just looked at the Kickstarter... Goal has been made at 7 hours to go... A party is needed.
    edited May 2013
    The best news I had since the announcement of BG:EE! Awesome! Next target are the stretch goals! I'm confident they will live up to their promise. They are composed of talented individuals and are very open to the community; reminds me of Overhaul. I only wish I was a millionaire so I could have had pledged $10k or at least the tier to become a merc in-game. Heck, if my parents didn't have a say on it, I would have even sold my car so I can pledge that much.:D