Skip to content

How many time does remain for developers ?

darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
android / linux version , render re-write , multiplay match , cloudy save , remain language translation , additional pay , non-pay DLCs , weather effects , others ,

as we knew , wasteland 2 , eternity project , torment will coming soon later ,

Even develpers work quite hard for their promises , but i still feel they are losing money by themselves

All of us love BG series , but i believe there are many players will choose above three games instead of BG after those game be released , new storyline , graphic , modern design , etc..

time is money , i hope beamdog can done their promise soon and release new expansion pack ,

therefore ,they will lose gamer's attention and patient ~

When new old-school game be released , even beamdog finish new expansion pack and features , i am still doubt how many people will keep stay in BG series ,

Comments

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    agree , developers should be anxious , otherwise beamdog may die when thoese new game coming,
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    This is actually a good point. Thankfully I believe BG2EE is scheduled for autumn this year..? Anyone?
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    is new expension possible? i think they can only "enhance" the game itself and creating big new content does not fit in "enhanced" edition.

waiting for BG3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    Samus said:

That said Overhaul can take as long as they want so long as the final product is a master piece.

Exactly, I totally agree with Samus (so much that just clicking the agree button wasn't enough :-P)
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Dammit darrenkuo, reading your post, where every single sentence misses at least one word, not even mentioning the typos...
    English is neither my native language, but ... man that did hut.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited May 2013

Thankfully I believe BG2EE is scheduled for autumn this year..? Anyone?

I don't think they've really said anything other than that it will definitely be out by the end of the year.
  • KRKKRK Member Posts: 21
    Woah i never heard about Eternity Project before, but man that looks really nice. Cant wait to get my hands on it ;)
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Somehow, I don't think game developer is a low stress occupation...
  • bdeonovicbdeonovic Member Posts: 86
    KRK said:

Woah i never heard about Eternity Project before, but man that looks really nice. Cant wait to get my hands on it ;)

@KRK have you checked out Torment: Tide's of Numenera? It is another new isometric game modeled after Planescape: Torment (https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/)
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    edited May 2013
    Developers need not worry about upcoming games.

BG has such a legacy that if they get it right we will buy it. After over a decade of games including AAA titles like Dragon Age and NWN, BG still rocks.

Just keep up the good work and give us a stable game.

We are behind you.
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    indeed they don't. BG series is a rock solid product with 15 years on it's back, greatly due to modding community that is still active, and BG:EE is still seeing new gamers on a daily basis, thanks to the cross platform availability.

release a masterpiece, with a minimal of bugs, and you will have people ordering it, even if the release date is 2014ish.

take your time, get it right, we'll be here, as we've been the last 15 years.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    I see what you are saying OP, but unlike some others I don't think it's a very good point. First of all out of those three only Wasteland 2 is even scheduled to be released this year, PE 2014 and Torment 2015. Even with few other less known games on the radar for me at least, the "old school" RPG landscape is still pretty dry and there's definitely enough room for all of them (and would be for few more).

So I don't really think Overhaul needs to worry about that. If anything more games like the old IE games coming out is boosting the interest in the actual IE games too.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Southpaw said:

Dammit darrenkuo, reading your post, where every single sentence misses at least one word, not even mentioning the typos...
    English is neither my native language, but ... man that did hut.

I thought it was pretty good all things considered. I'm not a language expert by any means, but I imagine the structure of Chinese/Japanese (what Google Translate tells me his/her past posts are often in) makes it difficult to translate into English. Especially for someone not accustomed to how sentences or phrases are structured in English.
  • GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    edited May 2013
    Keep rockin it devs! Bring us Linux! and all the other cool stuff! Please and thanks.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    edited May 2013
    Samus said:

That said Overhaul can take as long as they want so long as the final product is a master piece. Perhaps I am in the minority but I prefer to focus on tying up loose ends such as adding an additional piece of dialogue here, sorting out a typo over there, or allowing an NPC to act in a certain situation in a way that fits the storyline in a more comprehensible way (I hope some of my feature requests may reflect this), rather than adding completely new content to BG1.

That's right.

There is already enough content for this game.
    I'm quite sure many that people just want more polishing.
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    The OP does have a good point, however I dont think BG will just suddenly dissapear off the planet. I really am looking forward to the three games (and a few more) mentioned by darrenkuo, but Im sure i can still afford a playthrough of BG every now and again. Its not just the style/genre of the game which makes it so well liked by so many people, its the story and characters.

No other game release is going to replace or take away that story and its characters (I hope) :)