Skip to content

Looking to start a new multiplayer game.

QoreauQoreau Member Posts: 3
Looking to start a fresh game, bought game on release in hopes of a functional multiplayer as advertised been holding out for fix but with no fix in sight I'd like to learn to how to do a game and start a fresh one. Long time infinity engine player, I'm experienced with the actual game play. I'd preferably be playing a Avenger kit druid or a Cleric. Play times are week day nights eastern time 7-11 pm.

Comments

• upsilonkappaupsilonkappa Member Posts: 1
    I'd love to join if you're okay with playing with someone less experienced. I've been playing since December and I've never played multiplayer, either. I'd like to be a cleric or archer kit. I'd also multi class ranger/cleric. If you're looking for experienced players only then I understand.
  • omniliciousomnilicious Member Posts: 20
    I could do those times if you need another. I'm pretty open to play whatever, I have fun with all the classes. Preference would be a kensai or sorc.
  • TrompelloTrompello Member Posts: 2
    In down. I want to do an evil blackguard paladin. If not I'd like to use a bard or Druid
  • sapo444sapo444 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Room for one more? I have only played for about a month, but im in love with this game. I would love to join you. Im open to play Fri 8 - 10 and Sat whenever. Oh, and if port forwarding is an issue, I can set up a port no problem.

Oh and I shall be a Ranger. A Scottish ranger. I have the character set up already.
  • QoreauQoreau Member Posts: 3
    Okay sounds great so do we have to have hamachi or some other third party program to connect or is there an easier way?
    edited May 2013
    If you have port forwarding set up, I don't think hamachi is necessary, but I haven't tried to connect to someone's computer yet.

If you have a router connect to it (linksys routers are like 192.168.1.1 and usually have login: admin, password: password. Xfinity router 10.0.0.1, same login and password).

Find your port forwarding and open up your IP address (go to CMD, type ipconfig look for the line starting with IPv4 Address, will be something like 192.168.1.0/1/2/3/etc. or 10.0.0.0/1/2/3/etc. That'll be the IP you use for the port forwarding, then port range (TCP and UDP) is 47630-47630

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/285792/#Comment_285792

Never used hamachi, sure it's no more complicated that port forwarding though.

Once either option is done (hamachi or port forwarding) we then have to connect to your IP address (not router IP) - whatsmyip.org top of the page
    Post edited by omnilicious on
  • QoreauQoreau Member Posts: 3
    perhaps it would be best if sapo started a port for us
    Fine with me, I haven't tried to host yet, but I have opened my port as well.
  • SciderScider Member Posts: 1
    Yeah I would be up for that but havent done mp before
  • sapo444sapo444 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Sure guys! just give me a time and ill have it up np. just one click and i have have a server /up in seconds.
    Oh and I have revised my play time. I can play whenever, just message me on skype first.
    Send me a private message with your skype info. I'm usually on during the hours the OP posted.
    Sapo and I are ready to go, anyone else that was interested, please send us a message.