Skip to content

Tales of the Sword Coast Problem

I just killed Sarevok then it ended the game and gave me a final save file, but no way to get into the expansion Tales of the Sword Coast. I remember on the original BG1 that you killed Sarevok, then you got to do the expansion. On my current game I never went to ulgoth or durlag's tower. Do I have to go there and trigger that for myself to continue after killing Sarevok? I'm a bit confused.

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    You need to go to Ulgoth' Beard before killing Sarevok. His death ends the game.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,153
    Even in the original this is how it worked IF you installed TOTSC at the same time you installed BG. What has changed is; before, if you installed TOTSC after killing Sarevok it would let you go back and do the new material. But if you installed TOTSC before killing Sarevok, it worked exactly as it does now. You must complete TOTSC before killing Sarevok, because that ends the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • calistancalistan Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for the help. I had the scenario that atcDave described. I think I have only done BG1 twice, but BG2, many times. I was knocking on Sarevok's door, but went back through the warrens and am now doing Durlag's tower, as I have finished the other quest in Ulgoth. I forgot how hard Karoug (or whatever his name), the greater wolfwere, was without the sword of Balduran. What's good about the expansion is I don't remember much, so it's like the first time.