Skip to content

Chris Avellone

AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I know this particular feature request probably wouldn't work for BG1 with time constraints being what they are, but for BG2: EE, I'd love to see a quest written by Chris Avellone included. He's the best videogame writer in the business as far as I'm concerned, and while I know he hasn't been involved with BG in the past, I think he could inject some seriously cool things into a single story arc.
CheesebellyluluscadoThe_New_RomanceSirBuliwyfYemethAntonFlameguard27

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I agree. Avellone has possibly been involved in some of the most fascinating games story-wise, especially recently ever since his Obsidian years. KotOR2, NWN2, FO:NV all have great writing, but were either scarred by weak development cycles, weak bug fixes or... dictatorial conditions, in that particular order.

I think Oster said he was planning on kidnapping him, no?
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    Avellone is a genius well worth the risk of kidnapping. I'm will to provide alibis if need be.
    Anton
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    He's already being contracted to work with the Wasteland 2 team, while also working on the South Park game. Give the man some breathing space!

Or...clone him.
    Anton
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    He's definately an important chap in the world of well told rpgs! I'm all for it.