Skip to content

Ender Sai

Something that I always thought was a bit silly in BG1 was when encountering Ender Sai in the Bandit camp. On entering Tazoks tent, subsequently killing all his lackeys and rescuing Ender Sai he ask you "is it time?" refering to his execution... did you not just see me kill all of Tazoks men?! Why would I be here to execute you? Either he is blind, or he thinks you are a killing squad sent by the Iron Throne to kill the bandit leaders for doing a crappy job. Go figure.

Comments

• SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Totally agree.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Actually , that is one of my favorite quotes from BG1! Sounds prophetic....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    edited May 2013
    Don't diss Ender Sai! He's the most evocative character in the game. It's sad you never get to meet him again or find out anything much about him.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Isn't he supposed to be tied up and blindfolded when you find him? In which case his reaction is quite reasonable.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    edited May 2013
    In the movie "Somewhere In Time", Jane Seymour's character has been told that she would meet a stranger who would change her life forever. She retains a bit of a British accent, so when she see's Chris Reed's character the first thing she says is "Is it chew?"
    Post edited by franco on
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    ajwz said:

Isn't he supposed to be tied up and blindfolded when you find him? In which case his reaction is quite reasonable.

He would have to have his ears plugged too.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    ajwz said:

That's a cool interpratation! He indeed must have been tied up and gagged as he just stays there while a violent combat rages inside the small tent. Kinda like the 'kidnapped lady' in BG2 in the 'buried alive!' Quest for silver pantaloons. She was just standing there and was considered tied up and helpless, until you release her bonds at once.

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited May 2013
    lunar said:

She was just standing there and was considered tied up and helpless, until you release her bonds at once.

Uh... yeah... sure, that's what I did :p
    Who would want a stupid pair of glorious silver pantaloons?
  • brynbryn Member Posts: 36
    A mod to make Ender Sai an NPC would be a good idea. Some kind of rogue as he said he was light footed (had soft leather soles on his boots or something)
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @bryn - Agreed - I always thought that he might have been a planned npc. His dialogue was way to likable and interesting than to be otherwise. Either that, or he was one of the original dev's PnP character.

Check out: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17729/fanart-contest-round-v-portraits-for-non-joinable-npcs-winner-announced/p2 - if you would like to see my rendition of what I assume he looks like.