Skip to content

[MOD] Valerie NPC for BG:EE, BGT & TuTu

2»

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
  • TempestTempest Member Posts: 8
    @LadyRhian: The thought is appreciated, but there was nothing useful for Valerie in that thread. Politics, discussion of various Bioware NPCs' sexuality, and NPC ideas, but nothing relevant to this project.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    not sure if i installed this correctly as i had to extract it into the data 00766 directory to get it to seem to install correctly. Could you tell me where i should run into in game so I can see if she is there. Also will she show up if it is not a fresh start after i installed her.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Anton
  • BG2 content is in the works. If you hop over to the forum at Spellhold Studios you can see some of the discussions re: BG2 content.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @baaddare Did you follow the instructions exactly in the readme? It needs to be extracted to the 00766 directory, and you have to prep your install by following CamDawg's instructions.

@subtledoctor Compatibility with BGT. :)
    baaddare
  • By the way, @Kaeloree, your Forum link in the OP seems to point back here for some reason (download link works fine).
    @Kaigen Fixed, thanks!
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    edited January 2013
    Kaeloree said:

@baaddare Did you follow the instructions exactly in the readme? It needs to be extracted to the 00766 directory, and you have to prep your install by following CamDawg's instructions.

Yes as I understood them.. i did not see anything about putting it into the 0076 file.

Deucetipher posted in my romance thread about having to put them in the 0076 file. Once I did that, all was well and they work great. Playing with Isara at the moment but saw Val where she should be. She will be in the group next go around. Really looking forward to her after seeing the great job done with Isra.
    Sweet :) Have fun!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited May 2013
    Just some questions:

Will the crossbanter feature between her and Isra be updated? Cos it existed in the old game.

rum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18819/bg2-isra-npc-mod-sunite-cavalier-playtesters-wanted#latest

Any plans to carry her to BG2? Will her status be upgraded? Cos they're a bit low atm.
    I'm not sure if Valerie and Isra will have much to say to each other in BG2EE; they don't get along that well.

Tempest is working on Valerie for BG2, you can check out his progress thread at SHS.
    agb1
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Hmmm, nice but that's the whole point, they don't have to get along well, i love see the fire spread and some bitterness discussion between both, if that's what happen between them (not violent, both are good characters), would be real nice :)!
  • ggallegherggallegher Member Posts: 78
    Added a voice set to this mod, as the lack of NPC audio responses for selection and orders bugs me.
    The attached .zip file should provide an all-in-one installation.

Currently trawling the Sword Coast with Isra and Valerie, and loving the banter between the two. Amnian superteam, go!
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Loving this mod so far! Please bring us Val for BGII soon :smile:
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I'm installing Valerie now and thus doing, I found a typo in the Readme file in the valerie folder that's put inside the BGEE game folder:

Q: Where do I pick her up?
    A: You can find Valerie in the town of Beregost, not far from Mayor Berrun.

Should be Nashkel of course.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • IglosnofIglosnof Member Posts: 119
    Hey guys. I wanted to sign up on the SHS website to ask there but somehow I didn't make it past the registration stage, the website just wouldn't let me pass the *Type the first word of Spellhold studios*.
    Anyway, I am very interested in playing with the Valerie mod in Bg2 and it seems it's almost finished.
    Does anybody have an update on it?

Thanks
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    no idea. tempst has not posted anything about it sense july.
  • IglosnofIglosnof Member Posts: 119
    Indeed, that's what I saw too. Thanks anyway
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited July 2019
    Tempest wrote: »
    @LadyRhian: The thought is appreciated, but there was nothing useful for Valerie in that thread. Politics, discussion of various Bioware NPCs' sexuality, and NPC ideas, but nothing relevant to this project.

Hi friend. I'm playing Valerie right now in a playthrough. Best I can tell, she's your baby. Fantastic NPC - but she has never spoken. Is there a voice track for her that I missed or something?

I can see her interjections and everything, she just doesn't have a track.

Btw - I thoroughly enjoy this NPC. I'm playing her in a party w/Isra, Indira, Sirine, and Imoen. Very nice mix. CT
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Was BG2 SOA and ToB valerie released or... ? Because it's not clear in the SHS forum.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Tempest wrote: »

Hi friend. I'm playing Valerie right now in a playthrough. Best I can tell, she's your baby. Fantastic NPC - but she has never spoken. Is there a voice track for her that I missed or something?

I can see her interjections and everything, she just doesn't have a track.

Btw - I thoroughly enjoy this NPC. I'm playing her in a party w/Isra, Indira, Sirine, and Imoen. Very nice mix. CT

she does not have a sound set.
    Arthas wrote: »
    Was BG2 SOA and ToB valerie released or... ? Because it's not clear in the SHS forum.

it was more then likely cancelled. the creator has not said anything since 2016 and never went and made his other mod bg 2 ee compatible. so it's best to say something happend and he moved on and is never coming back.
    Arthas
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Thank you.
  • polymorphedsquirrelpolymorphedsquirrel Member Posts: 114
    I talked to Valerie when first arriving to Nashkel, but didn't recruit. Returned with a level 5 party, recruited her and she is only level 2 with 10% XP of other party members. I presume for some reason she is scaled to the level from the time of spawning/interacting with rather than joining? I have 'better NPC customization' from SCS installed, but I am on a 'no resurection' policy with frequent party change and this the first such case I think.
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited February 2020
    ggallegher wrote: »
    Added a voice set to this mod, as the lack of NPC audio responses for selection and orders bugs me.
    The attached .zip file should provide an all-in-one installation.

Currently trawling the Sword Coast with Isra and Valerie, and loving the banter between the two. Amnian superteam, go!

Wow! Thanks. I loved the Valerie NPC kit but was bummed she didn't have a voice track. Thanks much.

I played her and Isra (and Sirine and Indira) w/Imoen last time through. Good group.
  • I'm installing Valerie now and thus doing, I found a typo in the Readme file in the valerie folder that's put inside the BGEE game folder:

Q: Where do I pick her up?
    A: You can find Valerie in the town of Beregost, not far from Mayor Berrun.

Should be Nashkel of course.

Oops. lol