Skip to content

extradimensional bug with gem bags

Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
edited April 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
hi,

current behavior: if you have two gem bags in your backpack the gem bags open to the same extradimensional space. if you put a gemstone to one it appears in the other too.
so this way you can teleport gemstones, or the gemstones are occupying both the space at the same time. oh, and you can also steal a gem from other players: take or sell a gem from one bag and so remove it from the other bag too

expected behavior: the gem bags have their own extra dimensional space. they have right to it! :)
Iecerint

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Iecerint
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    This is not a bug.

It only happens if you acquire the second bag cheating in the wrong way (i.e. using the CLUA console, or a savegame editor, to get a second bag with the same item code of the first).

Currently there is only one fully implemented Gem Bag in BGEE (BAG02) plus three partially implemented (BAG02G, BAG02H, BAG02I).

BAG02G, BAG02H and BAG02I can only be obtained using the console, or a savegame editor. They are missing few strings and have a storage capacity of only 20 gems each, but apart from that they should work fine.

Of course you can always create more gem bags, or modify the exiting ones, with modding tools.
    TJ_HookerAvenger_teambg
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    We received this two in multiplayer game. The second one arrived with Neera. No cheat or CLUA code.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited April 2013
    Sese79 said:

We received this two in multiplayer game. The second one arrived with Neera. No cheat or CLUA code.

Well Neera's the only place to get a gembag, so where'd the other one come from?
    Erg
    I don't remember, sorry, but I know that we don't cheated or used the CLUA code or any editor. Perhaps a developer knows where to find the second one. We are at Chapter 3 now.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Sese79 said:

I don't remember, sorry, but I know that we don't cheated or used the CLUA code or any editor. Perhaps a developer knows where to find the second one. We are at Chapter 3 now.

There is no legit way to get two Gem Bags in BGEE. Did one of you import a character that already had one from a previous playthrough ?
    TJ_Hooker
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    This is a known limitation of the container items - there can only be one in the game because the back-end is tied to a "store" which is unique. You could create new items with similar properties, but you can't duplicate them.
    It is funny because we have two gem bags now and we acquired them in a legit way, none of us use any tools for this game. We could buy one, or got it via random treasure or i don't know.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Did you mod your game perhaps? In vanilla BG:EE, it is impossible to buy a gem bag, get one from a random drop, find one in a container, receive one from a quest, etc. The only way to get a gem bag is to recruit Neera and take the one she's carrying.
    Erg said:

There is no legit way to get two Gem Bags in BGEE. Did one of you import a character that already had one from a previous playthrough ?

Containers are removed on import.
    TJ_HookerErg
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    There is no legit way to receive Neera's gem bag twice. If there would be another gem bag in the game, then it would come with 4 gems inside too. But there is no other source for neera's gem bag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited April 2013
    Then I would like to add to my bug report:
    We could receive a second gem bag via a legit way that is unknown to us now. In the meantime we will reload our save games and check since when we have this mysterious item.
    Thanks.
    We play this in multiplayer perhaps something can happen that don't happen in singleplayer. I will check it today.
    We checked the saved games (multiplayer game), and we found out that we had one beg before the Area with the Basilisks within. At the time we arrive at Gullykin we already have two gem bags. So please check the Area South-East from Temple, North of Gullykin, I expect the second bag there. Thanks.
    Could you post a copy of the save game where you have the first Gem bag, but have not yet encountered Neera?
    It happened the other way: we already had Neera in our party as we received the second gem bag at the Area with the Basilisks. I played with Neera, my wife played with the CHARNAME. I can send you the save game before we receive the 2nd gem bag at the mentioned Area somewhere. Is that good for you? Or should we run through that Area again? Thanks.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Maybe Neera got turned to stone? If I recall correctly, when that happens, any important items they're carrying are transferred to the protagonist, which includes gem bags. So Neera's bag got teleported to the protagonist.

If Neera was then turned back from stone, maybe she still had the bag on her, but the protagonist had one too?

I dunno. This is a wild guess, but it's something.
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    I know there is a Neera clone bug, where two of her show up. Could this result in two bags?
    TJ_Hooker
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    It can. But there's no reason why a clone would show up in the basilisk map, unless OP is mistaken about where the second bag was acquired.
  • zzCoinszzCoins Member Posts: 13
    Conan, Berigost has a gem bag.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Wakukee said:

I know there is a Neera clone bug, where two of her show up. Could this result in two bags?

Yes, if you manage to clone Neera, you can get two gem bags, but this wasn't reported, so I assumed he got the second in another way. But i know of no other way :D

I except this has something to do with the Basilisks as Luigirules mentioned. I saw numerous bug reports earlier in regarding of the stone-form and after effects. We have to test this later, but I don't know when we will play this again. Perhaps in the weekend.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I tested the basilisk theory. When Neera was unpetrified, she didn't have a second gem bag on her.
    Oh my, no idea. We will check it again at the weekend, thx. Somehow it occurred, I am more and more curios how. :)
    Bump.
    We still have no means of reproducing this problem.
    I suspect that this bug is related to: 1. character dies because of petrification -> item moved to main character, then 2. reload.

Jalily could you test this with a reload? Did you checked the main character too? Because we have the gem bag duplicate on the main character, not on Neera. And we have the second bag after some deaths and reloads at the Area with the basilisks.

Thanks.