Skip to content

Game of Thrones and Baldur's Gate - Who's who?

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
Hi, this thread is for having some fun, and discussing Game of Thrones characters as Baldur's Gate characters.

What race, class, and alignment are your favorite Game of Thrones characters? If you could start a BG:EE game with a custom party of six, and name all six of them as GoT characters, what would you pick, and why?

I think, just to get it started:

Tyrion Lannister - chaotic good dwarf rogue or rogue/fighter
Jamie Lannister - neutral evil human fighter
Cercei Lannister - neutral evil human sorceress, or rogue/mage
Katelyn Stark - lawful good human cleric
Rob Stark - lawful good human fighter
Jon Snow - lawful good human ranger>druid

other options:
Danaerys Targarean: chaotic good human dragon disciple
Kal Drogo - chaotic neutral human or half-orc barbarian

Comments

• EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    Jaime Lannister - Chaotic Neutral Fallen Paladin, IMO anyway. He has compassion. Rules of the realms indicate that if a character has an ounce of compassion, he cannot be evil.

Jaqen - True Neutral Assassin
    Ed Stark - Lawful Neutral Fighter
    Barristan - Lawful Neutral Fighter
    Arya Stark - True Neutral Assassin
  • LapaLapa Member Posts: 73
    Barristan selmy - lawful good paladin
    Melisandre - chaotic neutral cleric
    The hound - neutral evil fighter
    The mountain - lawful evil fighter
    ramsay snow - chaotic evil thief
    bran stark - true neutral druid
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    edited May 2013
    I think Ser Gregor Clegane is as chaotic evil as they come, and I think Ned Stark is/was the most lawful good character in the book.

Perhaps Sandor Clegane can be argued chaotic neutral the more I think about it, and I have a hard time making Lady Stark lawful good with the way she treated Jon Snow in the books.
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    Tyrion I agree as chaotic good, but I think Cersei and Jamie are the epitome of lawful evil.

I see Bron as chaotic neutral and I see Tywin and Jofferey as solid neutral evils.
    @Daelric i can't see joffrey and tywin sharing the same alignment. tywin is rational and calculative when joffrey is chaotic and self-centered. tywin ruled the kingdom while joffrey was playing with his crossbow.

Jaime has been shifting from evil to neutral recently. i'd say he is chaotic neutral. chaotic because he doest respect his vows and laws.

Cersei might be lawful evil.

Daario Naharis - True neutral fighter/thief
    Penny - Neutral good jester
    Sansa - Lawful good commoner
    Pyat Pree - Lawful evil sorcerer (favorite spell: mirror image)
    Melisandre - Chaotic neutral cleric (favorite spell: summon shadow)
    Bran Stark - True neutral druid (favorite spells: charm animal, charm person & farsight)

Factions:
    The Others - neutral evil fighter/clerics (favorite spell: animate dead)
    Wildlings - chaotic good/neutral barbarians or rangers?
    Children of the forest - true neutral druids (or evils? Who knows...)
    Dothraki - Chaotic neutral/evil barbarians

Favorite classes in different places:
    Oldtown - cleric
    Winterfell - fighter and ranger
    Braavos - kensai and assassin
    Vaes Dothrak - barbarian
    Qarth - sorcerer and merchant (I guess this is more like a profession)
    Shadowlands beyond Asshai - cleric/mage
    King's Landing - Paladin

Lets imagine that these characters has levels also :D I'd put highest level in the realms for Ser Arthur Dayne: level 20 Paladin. Many considers that he was the greatest knight and fighter who ever lived. (he wielded carsomyr also :P )

I'm also kinda obsessed with these books........
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @mrdeluxe, if you want Tyrion to be a shorty race bard in your BG:EE game, you might want to use Keeper to make it so. I don't like the arbitrary racial restrictions in 2nd edition D&D, and I regularly use Keeper to override them.

Why couldn't a dwarf be, say, a skald. In fact, dwarven culture seems to be the very culture that is described under the skald character class - nordic warriors.

And halflings should make perfect bards. Their culture is based on home and hearth, good food and good stories told by a warm fire.

There's no reason why anybody of any race couldn't be a jester, if they had the personality and aptitude for it.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    edited May 2013
    Tyrion: True Neutral Halfling Thief. He doesn't have the strength or hardiness of a typical dwarf. Wouldn't consider him to be "good" either, even though he's my favorite character. There's a reason why one of his closest "friends" (poor guy doesn't really have any) is Bron, a merciless and completely amoral killer.

Jaime Lannister: Chaotic Neutral Fighter. In the real world he'd be considered a horrible person, but he doesn't fit the D&D definition of evil, which is completely lacking in shades of grey. Chaotic because he mostly acts on impulse. Many of those impulses are bad. A few are good.

Ned Stark: Lawful Good Fighter. One of the few "lawful good" characters in the series. Didn't do him much good.

Jon Snow: Neutral Good Ranger. Specialized in bastard swords of course.

Bran Stark: Neutral Good Druid.

Arya Stark: Chaotic Neutral Thief, maybe Assassin. Chaotic neutral because although she isn't evil, the little girl is definitely a sociopath. Can't blame her.

Joffrey: Chaotic Evil... too useless to be any class.

Melisandre: Chaotic Neutral Cleric

Davos: Neutral Good Thief

Gregor Clegane: Chaotic Evil Berserker

Sandor Clegane: Neutral Evil Fighter

Tywin: Lawful Evil Fighter

Bron: Neutral Evil Fighter

Barristan Selmy: Lawful Good Paladin

Syrio Forel: Neutral Good Fighter, maybe Kensai. Kensai doesn't make sense in terms of role-playing, but he is a master of his weapon.

Oberyn Martell: Chaotic Neutral Assassin immediately dual classed to Fighter. Fans of the books will know why.

Jaqen: True Neutral Assassin

Arthur Dayne: Lawful Good Cavalier. Carsomyr would be perfect for him

Robert Baratheon: Chaotic Neutral Fighter

Khal Drogo: Chaotic Neutral Barbarian. His alignment is a hard one, especially since we only see him through Dany's eyes. In many ways, he's a horrible human being, being the leader of a group that has the noble goal of raping and pillaging as much as possible. Still, like Jamie, he doesn't quite fit into the D&D definition of evil.

Strong Belwas: Chaotic Neutral Fighter, maybe Kensai. Definitely doesn't have the discipline of a Kensai, but his lack of armor fits it. Pips in scimitar of course.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    WHAT ABOUT HODOR!!!
  • mrdeluxemrdeluxe Member Posts: 98
    Elendar said:

WHAT ABOUT HODOR!!!

Hodor: Hodor Hodor Hodor. Hodor Hodor Hodor. Hodor.

Hodor is a Lawful Good Fighter with 19 Str, 19 Con and a permanent Feeblemind spell. :)
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    You guys give way too much chaotic neutral...
    Robert Baratheon is not CN he is just an alchoolic lawfull good, Renly Baratheon a fighter? I'm sure that if he wasn't a noble and could choose his path, he would have become a bard. As he is, he mostly is a mage without any spells to whom we gave some kind of military training. I didn't find Stannis anywhere, he would be a lawfull neutral fighter ( he might be rebelling against the king, but in his mind, he is the rightfull king, he is loyal to his brother the king and ned stark his Hand)
  • mrdeluxemrdeluxe Member Posts: 98
    Robert *did* start a rebellion… and he did pretty much what he wanted, regardless of the righteousness of it: drinking, whoring… even sending assassins to kill a pregnant young girl.

I agree on Renly, though: he's not much of a fighter, but I think it's the class that suits him best: a highly-charismatic crappy fighter. I see him as more of the person that would hire a bard to make songs about him than actually sing them himself.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    Robert
    mrdeluxe said:

Robert *did* start a rebellion… and he did pretty much what he wanted, regardless of the righteousness of it: drinking, whoring… even sending assassins to kill a pregnant young girl

Yup