Skip to content

mortal resolve attacking the very wall of gods in the name of love

YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
edited May 2013 in Off-Topic
... right then. I'm actually talking about the plot of Mask of the Betrayer -- the best writing since Torment. Actually, perhaps the best plot in an RPG ever.

I wish that whatever new additions are being made to BG2EE will show a similar taste in good writing.

(Oddly, BG has significantly better combat than the entire NWN2 experience, proving, perhaps, that it is possible to *overbalance* a system.)

... if only we could have a game with BG-level combat and Torment/MotB level story.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    I did love NWN2, mostly MOTB, never played Torment however. I don't know if you ever played BG2, from the way you ask for good writting, I guess you never played it, but don't worry, the writting is even better in BG2 then in MOTB, they probably had BG2's level of awesomeness in mind when they wrote MOTB.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    I played BG2 since the day it came out many times. It's writing is definitely better than BG1. But not -NOT- anywhere near Planescape:Torment.

BG2 has better game play than all these to be sure, but the narrative core is stronger in the PST and MOTB.

Anyhow, it is not either-or -- they are all worthy of playtime.

I was just impressed again at how MOTB had a strong personal story successfully constructed.