Skip to content

Characters will not finish a move command or action command longer than a few meters.

This has occurred after the latest patch, it did occur sometimes before that, but not to this level. I will select a charcter or spot on the ground to go to and the character will go a few meters and stop, every single time, and if they run into or even pass an NPC on the way they will immediately stop. Period. No exceptions.

This causes me to constantly babysit for even the simplest actions let alone going long distances in cities like Berghost where you have to go to multiple spots on the exact opposite side of the screen.

Is there any fix for this and if not is this a known issue? I'm not having slowness or frame rate issues, it is just that my PC's cannot seem to remember any single click command involving movement. A few feet and then they stop doing what ever it is they are dong. Period.

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Are you using scripts? If so, try switching to a more basic script (like the standard attack script), or just disable party AI altogether. That's my best guess.
  • Rpg_AvatarRpg_Avatar Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    I'm not using scripts... I wouldn't even know how to.

Edit: I turned off party AI (even though I was the only one in the party) and that fixed the issue, I then actually went to a script and used it and turned back on party AI and everything was working fine... which is really odd.

Edit: Checked again, I was wrong, it is party AI, script or no script party AI makes your PC(s) unable to remember commands, any command no matter how simple such as just walk across the room.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    If your character had been using the THIEF4 script before, that would've caused this problem. (Will be fixed in the next patch.)
    Jalily said:

If your character had been using the THIEF4 script before, that would've caused this problem. (Will be fixed in the next patch.)

Actually I was staring a new game, but my previous character saves had used that script. (the thief at leas) but this is happening to all my toons even on a new game, really annoying having to click 3 times just to talk to Firebeard in the first in after starting a new character.

And thank you both for responding... by the way... any possible timeframe on that new patch? Because I would hate to have to restart again lol, due to new kits or races or items put in and such. :D

Don't worry only myself and a few dozen other people will know :P

• FlashheartFlashheart Member Posts: 125
    edited May 2013
    @Jalily Out of interest, why would the THIEF4 script cause problems even after it has been removed from a character?

I've checked the script, and apart from a 'suboptimal' way of detecting traps (and some strange equipping behaviour), I can't see why it would 'stick' to a character (like a GLOBAL for instance).
    Again its not just the thief script, if I start a brand new game the same thing happens to any character I have until I change the script and take off party AI and turn it back on later.... also just found out that Tethtoril won't give up the scroll, but I looked it up and thats a known issue as well.