Skip to content

HELP!!!

So here's the deal. I'm in Candlekeep. For the second time. And I'm in the basement trying to escape. However, there are some basilisks in my way, and they keep turning me to stone no matter what I do. I have no spells that can prevent or cure this. How do I get past them? Thanks!

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    What do you have at your disposal? We need more information.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    cleric - skeletons skeletons in front rest bows and range stuff
    gg
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    If you have a thief or two in your party, then backstab. If you have a player with high constitution then allow him to lead the way and tank - hopefully he wont get petrified. IIRC poison should stop them 'gazing' at you long enough for you to mess them up. Try using fireballs while they are in the 'fog of war'. Equip bows on all your team and lure one of the basilisks away and hit it at the same time. Rinse and repeat. Cheesy tactics indeed but good for getting out of a bind.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Yeah a list of party members and spell lists for any mage/bards would be nice.
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    Equip Adoy's belt if you have it. Or just memorize protection from petrefication (wizard spell lvl 1) area of effect spells are also good like fireball or skull trap, mass disablind spells confusion should do it, invisibility and sneak past them, summons to tank and get petrified while you shoot(they can also lure them to traps set by thieves), if you have flesh to stone scrolls, use them after the combat
  • GishGish Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    There is a potion you can drink. It has the word "Mirror" and "Eyes" in its title. It is a kind of white/gray bottle with some green somewhere on it. I'd double check to see if you have it or not. My archer killed them for his group by bottle necking them between the statues after drinking the potion and shooting them to death.
    Failing that. I'd summon wave after wave of creatures to go to their deaths. I am fairly certain they run out of petrifying gazes eventually. Failing that, there is a level one spell called petrification protection (its Arcane.)
    Failing that, I wonder if the antimagic globe scroll works on these. I never tested it but surely you have at least one of those. They are to awesome to pass up.

edit: Oh and be careful. They can still poison you with their bite!
  • Urd1enUrd1en Member Posts: 84
    * use area affect wands
    * check your potions
    * rest and use summoning spells
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    This is a lot like gearing up for the finale in The Princess Bride.

Spoilered for anyone who's never seen it.

• amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    CaptRory said:

This is a lot like gearing up for the finale in The Princess Bride.

Spoilered for anyone who's never seen it.

Great...now i'm stuck wanting to watch The Princess Bride all night !