Skip to content

Playing Planescape for the first time seriously

2»

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Look at your equipment slots - lots for tattoos, which are one of your prime stat-boosting items. You'll find lots, and can buy good ones too.

Most weapon types are useful, but again you'll find them as you explore.

Forget armour - unless you've modded the game there's nothing significant to go in that chest slot.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2013
    1) There is no armour that is usable by TNO in the game.

2) Yup, you can switch back and forth between the classes as many times as you want. Talking to certain party members allows you to switch back and forth whenever you want, as long as you've already "enabled" that class. For example, in order to first become a mage, you'll have to find one of several non-joinable NPCs, but after that you can switch to a mage at any time by talking to Dak'kon.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    alright thanks guys. Got about 3.5k gold now think I'll buy a nice tattoo or something :)

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    The tatoos tell the story of your journey and as such, the more you do in the game, the more tattoos become available. They also differ based on your actions so stop by regularly!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I play periodically and have gotten relatively far. It's been a few days since I played it, my interest dies off randomly when things keep piling up. I pierced my way in past the city of garbage and ended up meeting the cranium rat king or whatever. I flipped a coin and agreed to kill the king of the dead or whatever he's called. I couldn't figure out how to unlock the door past the huge armored guards so I attacked the main guy in the area and got Slaughtered :D

Don't really know what to do from this point on, everybody in there is hostile now haha. I wish I could sink myself into the game more, it's really difficult. Been back on the warcraft 3 lately ;)

• State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    If you aren't that far into it I recommend restarting with an 18 WIS character, besides the huge xp boost it is essential to have some of the more memorable conversations in the game.
    Yeah I haven't played it in a few weeks think I need to restart it and try to get a high level of interest. I think I made a large mistake anyway by attacking that guy in the city of the dead or whatever now everyones hostile lol

Hard game to get into though
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    Unfortunately yes, very hard, a big faux paus in my book, games/books/movies/anything should always have a strong hook at the start.

Just remember you'll be rewarded for your efforts in slogging through the first two hours. :P
    TJ_Hooker
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    I finished Planescape Torment only today and I can tell you that what's said about the game is as true today as it was 14 years ago. Simply put, it's a masterpiece. I can understand your difficulty but it's so worth persevering.

If you're really having trouble with it then it might be worth putting it aside for a time and coming back to the game when you're more in the mood for heavy dialogue.
    Yeah I intend on coming back to it in the future with a clean slate

A few months ago I peeked at the walkthrough and was amazed at how much bonus stuff you could get at the start with the different zombies..made me think of how much stuff I must of missed. Still, I'm going to play it eau natural except with lots of wisdom :)

Strangely it seems I need the mood in my life to be perfect in order to run Planescape. Similar issue with my dear Baldur's Gate - I burnt myself out and am waiting until time rekindles my nostalgic love for the masterpiece to really enjoy it once again

• TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Uh man do you use windows 7? why is it so laggy? You don't experience lag not at all?