Skip to content

Ideas for a Movie

I don't know how this idea came to me but i guess school is that boring half the time I am just daydreaming in my classes. I had this idea of what If there was a Baldur`s Gate movie I tried to think charters that would be appropriate like a team that would fit well together. Also i thought of actors who would play these charters here are my ideas

Narrator. Morgan Freeman ( Love his voice)
Gorion. Anthony Hopkins or Ian McKellen ( I think both these guys would be wise wizards / good Father figures)
Sarevok. Dwayne Johnson ( lol i don't know why)

Group
Main. character Chris Hemsworth ( Young strong tall he would make a good fighter plus hes Thor)
Imoen. Scarlett Johansson ( Young beautiful good actor liked her role as black widow i think it would be a good choice.
Minsc. Tom Hardy ( If he can pull off Bane he can do this)
Edwin. Robert Downey Jr ( He can pull off a mean attitude and be a jerk like Edwin but being awesome at the same time)
Viconia. Marion Cotillard ( She could pull of a drow voice )
Kivan. Viggo Mortensen ( loved him in Lord of the rings and i think he could pull this off again)

Music. Hans Zimmer

Do you like this list? if not put your ideas down you don't need to go into full detail but if you want go ahead i like to see what you guys think of this.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Honestly? I wouldn't make it a hollywood movie . An HBO-like series would be way better. ;D
  • revaarrevaar Member Posts: 160
    Jarvis said:

Music. Hans Zimmer

Zimmer? Really? I'd rather Marco Beltrami or even Howard Shore. I'd like to hear a key other than D minor in my Baldur's Gate Score.

Anyways, for actors:
    Khalid: Martin Freeman (he is adorable when he gets stammeringly befuddled in Sherlock)
    Jaheira: Mila Jovovich (she can do the strong forceful thing very well)
    Viconia: Nichole Beharie (she was fantastic in 42, and at the risk of sounding rascist, Viconia shouldn't be played by a white girl)
    Xan: Benedict Cumberbatch (playing the sherlock card again, he just seems right)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited June 2013
    Main character should be younger than what Chris H can portray. Not that he is old or anything, but he looks like a man with some life experience. Charname should be a fresh face with little experience but great skill and destiny ahead of him. (Or it would be like the books, Abdel, a monster of a man with 8 feet tall and has been doing mercenary business for years:definitely not a lvl 1 pc!)

Ditto for Scarlet Johansson, Imoen is a lot more petite and small-in frame in my mind. Scarlet is a goergous lady, but when you think of Imoen you don't think of, err, two big shapely things. SJ can play a sultry, secretive, sexy and deadly Safana instead. Oo I would love to see that! A young Allyson Hannigan would be just perfect for Imoen, cutesy and petite while still quite attractive, innocent but with a naughty streak, hmm Hannigan could still pull it off, she has not aged much and still is as cute and hillarious. But I can't help but think of her as 'Team Mom' 'with a secret perverted side' thanks to HIMYM. ^^
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Charname - a good-aligned fighter class (barbarian, most likely), dual wielder... Dustin Clare. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3743857152/nm1967109
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    Given how the book turned out I think it's for the better if they stick to making games...
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    I always thought Vin Diesel would make an excellent Sarevok (Plus he'd probably take on the role - being a DnD fan).

Dwayne Johnson? Nuhuh.

"Hand over your ward Gorion, or you will SMELL what the 'vok is cookin'!"
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I don't really think there is a good way to turn Baldur's Gate to a movie... It works much better through an interactive medium... It won't be fun to see CHARNAME in a movie make choices you wouldn't and still attempt to call it the same thing as the game...
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Jarvis said:

Imoen. Scarlett Johansson ( Young beautiful good actor liked her role as black widow i think it would be a good choice.

The day this happens, I join @KidCarnival in the cult of the unseeing eye.

• MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    How is it that I have played BG 1&2 many times, and watched Firefly many times, and never came to this conclusion myself? You're right, she's perfect. I also find it amusing that we are all agreed that Imoen should be played by a Joss Whedon alum, no mater who that is.
    @EntropyXII - I agree that she would have been good at the time. She is a bit older now and could no longer pull off the tween 'kid sister' act that she would have to today, after all Jewel is 31.

I commented in a different thread that I thought Dawn from Buffy would probably fit the bill. young enough, perky enough, annoying enough. And she can almost act.

But I agree that Amber Benson would not fit the bill. Besides, I LIKE Dawn. I wouldn't want to tarnish that memory.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Sorry but this topic is a pure blasphemy. Baldur's Gate and Hollywood should stay where they are: in totally different worlds.
    Jarvis said:

Do you like this list? if not put your ideas down you don't need to go into full detail but if you want go ahead i like to see what you guys think of this.

Only Hans Zimmer

• EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @Malicron - Shame -shakes head-

@the_spyder - Unfortunately, agreed :(
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    The only way I would touch a Baldur's Gate movie is if you get Walken to be Sarevok.
    @Kaltzor - I like your sentiment, but I think old Chris is reaching an age where I wouldn't buy him as a Powerful warrior. He's got the attitude, I'll grant you. but to all things, time must come.

If you want proof, watch the scene from Expendables where Stallone takes on Steve Austin.