Skip to content

Game of Thrones - New Season 3 Trailer

MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
edited February 2013 in Off-Topic

Comments

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I got goosebumps all over.
    It's going to be so awesome! I saw a bigger dragon and stuff!
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    Yeah for sure! I hope it follows the 3rd book well... well at least the first part of the 3rd book, since I think they are breaking up book 3 into two separate seasons.
  • LapaLapa Member Posts: 73
    Can't wait to see these episodes. Third book was the best of them so this season should be quite epic.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    This is the best TV-series in a long time. The best thing about it imo is that you never know who dies next.
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    I want that dude to finish the sixth book, damnit! 5's ending was so not satisfying. But if I read the progression so far... I won't expect it until 2015 to be honest.
    I'm really having a hard time not scouring the book's wikipedia pages for information on what'll happen in the coming books. Ten episodes per year is not enough!
    Just read the books? ;) They are awesome. Really worth your time. Way more detailed and a lot of things go a bit differently.
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    Everyone I've talked to who has read the books has been super excited for this season from the start, so I am pumped.

That said be careful on the internet for the next few months, when I watched this trailer on youtube someone assaulted me with a (kind of implausible) spoiler.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Erm ma gawd, Game of Thrones, erm ma gawd.

We just watched the end of Season 2 last night. For the second time. By far the best job a TV show has ever done to interpret a series of fantasy novels.
    I purposely don't read the books because everytime I meet someone who has (and this goes for Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, freakin' Spider-man even), they always go on about how the book is better.
    So instead of reading the books and then watching the series and going "Eh, they left out this, and that, and this is wrong" I plan to watch the series and then read the books, so I'll be pleasantly surprised by the added depth and characterization.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Game of Thrones is among the best adaptations of great novels that I've ever had the pleasure of watching. I can barely contain my excitement for season 3, despite the fact that I've already read the books.

Regarding online spoilers: Don't read Youtube comments. Despite readers of thousand-page books typically being the smart sort of people and Youtube commentators typically being morons, anything Thrones-related on Youtube is completely full of book spoilers. Don't even glance at them.

@Drugar
    An admirable strategy, and one that I share when possible. However, since Martin plans on releasing a total of seven books and season 3 will be only the first half or so of book 3, you'll be in the dark for the next 6-8 years. It's a good idea with films, but in the case of a TV show for such a long story, you might want to just read the books now and save yourself from potential spoilers down the road.
    Yeah. I agree with @Madhax. The show is awesome enough to not disappoint us readers. Far from it!
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    How crazy is it that the trailer already has almost 14 million views?
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    I dont know how much of a hit it is. It does not affect how much I want to see it... I hope it continues successful for selfish reasons really, so they keep making more seasons even expensive as they are.
    Sometimes being too mainstream hurts these kind of stories but I do trust those making it. To say the truth, since the first episode of the first season, I need each next episode like water in a desert. To me almost every actors were unknown before and I prefer it that way, especialy since they are all doing so damn good.
    So with the third episode of the third season behind us, let's catch up.

So far, I'm liking where this season is going, though the pace seems slower than previous seasons. You can sum up what happened to each character in the last three episodes in one line per person, though it's not that bothersome.
    A plethora of new characters have already been introduced, some old characters have returned.

At the moment, I'm mostly wondering what'll happen with Sansa this season (I'm not trusting those Tyrell's at all), Arya (she'll be a-stabbin'!) and of course Daenerys, rightful queen of Westeros (she did whaaat?).
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Not a fan of the ending punk rock music of the 3rd episode. The ridiculous immediate blasting of the bear and the maiden faire punk rock style.

I appreciate the suddenness of the violence and what they were trying to accomplish, however, I a fade to black or a delay of a few seconds to let you absorb what just happened before you blare that song would even have been better.

Supposedly next episode has something freaking great happen in it - according to GOT recapper at Entertainment weekly it is something he has watched over and over again because of how cool it is.

"there is some great stuff. In fact, episode 4 has arguably the best scene this show has ever staged. I've literally watched this one sequence six times."

source:'Game of Thrones' recap: Hand of the Kingslayer
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    I can't help but feel episode 3 was experimenting with what it could and could not do with the show, the whole thing felt a bit off.

This show always has a difficult time gaining momentum though, and so far there has always been a great payoff.
    edited April 2013

I can't help but feel episode 3 was experimenting with what it could and could not do with the show, the whole thing felt a bit off.

This show always has a difficult time gaining momentum though, and so far there has always been a great payoff.

@State_Lemming
    The director of a lot of great episodes from Season 2 left the show to direct the upcoming Thor 2 movie. So showrunner's who were behind the scripts decided that they could direct. One of the David Benioff and D. B. Weiss directed that "off" episode.
    To those who have seen Season 3, Episode 9:

[Spoiler]
    Holy SHIT.
    This may have been the most powerful bit of television I've ever seen. I'm usually fairly Zen, but I was just shouting "NO, NO, NO" at my screen for the last five minutes.
    Goddamn you Walder Frey, and goddamn you Roose Bolton for betraying your lord who is actually one of the most noble people in the realm. (logicly, this is why he had to die)

That last scene was just so painful to watch, especially Catelyn's complete destruction at seeing her son die, it was just awful.

Really well done, but awful.
    [/Spoiler]
    Drugar said:

To those who have seen Season 3, Episode 9:

[Spoiler]
    Holy SHIT.
    This may have been the most powerful bit of television I've ever seen. I'm usually fairly Zen, but I was just shouting "NO, NO, NO" at my screen for the last five minutes.
    Goddamn you Walder Frey, and goddamn you Roose Bolton for betraying your lord who is actually one of the most noble people in the realm. (logicly, this is why he had to die)

That last scene was just so painful to watch, especially Catelyn's complete destruction at seeing her son die, it was just awful.

Really well done, but awful.
    [/Spoiler]

@Drugar

Catelyn has already been through quite a bit by this episode.

Older spoilers below...

[Spoiler]
    First, Bran get crippled (ep 1 of the TV show) so she hovers over him caring for him only to almost be assassinated by someone who came to finish the job.

Then Eddard gets his head chopped off.

Then she believes Bran and Rickon get killed by Theon.

This leads to another freakout and frees Jaime to trade for her two living daughters as an exchange of hostages. She doesn't know the Lannisters only have one daughter (Sansa) so this operation was bound to end in disappointment anyway.[/Spoiler]
    by this point in the story you can imagine she would be pretty far beyond the straw that broke the camel's back as her family seems to be shrinking pretty rapidly and losing one kid is pretty huge to her anyway.