Skip to content

[Bug] Scar Seven Suns Quest

SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
I saw a similar thread in the "Fixed" section.

[Current Behavior]
Went to the Seven Suns building to do the quest and talked to the merchant about business. Then proceeded to talk to other mechants (dopplegangers) and they attacked me. Went upstairs and finished the last one off and headed back to Scar for quest completion. Get to Scar and I mention the shapeshifters to him, only option. He says something along the lines of, "Go clear them out.", even though I already have. Try to talk to him again and he gives the same dialog choices everytime: fight dopplegangers or refuse to clear them out.

[Expected]
Regardless if I killed the dopplegangers before of after I have talked to Scar about the Seven Suns infestation, he should acknowledge that I have cleared out the Seven Suns' building so as to complete the quest in that fashion.

EDIT: Save game file attached...
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @Sandman got a save file showing this problem? If so, can you upload it here and I'll check it out.
  • SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
    save game added to my previous post...
    @Sandman Thank you, but can you also upload the .BAM file that is stored in your save file. Cheers.
    Didn't see a .BAM file but there is a .GAM file. WOuld that be it?
    Sorry, I meant .GAM.

In any case, I checked the save and there is no issue. You missed one of the dopplegangers in the basement. So go back to the Seven Suns building and search for the basement :)
    OK lol. Didn't know that it had a basement.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited June 2013
    I just had a similar problem happen, but I killed every doppleganger except for one that "disappeared" into one of the pillars on the 1st floor (I checked to see if it ran outside and it wasn't there). I tried adding another doppleganger through the the CLUA console and killing it, but it didn't work. In fact, after killing it, my party surrounds the pillar the into which the original doppleganger vanished, as if the doppleganger is still there.

Now I can't finish the Seven Suns quest for the extra reward. Is there a quick fix for this, such as setting the global setting to a different number?

*Edit: I just reloaded a save just before the Seven Suns and completed it just fine. Must just be a fluke with the "disappearing" monster random bug that happens every once in a while.
    Post edited by Mortianna on