Skip to content

Multiclass-Multi level gain lore issue

AaronDemonciaAaronDemoncia Member Posts: 31
edited June 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Fighter/Mage/Thief levels from 6/5/6 to 6/6/7 as both thief and mage require the same xp at that time, However, The lore gain from that levelup is only 3 points, not the expected 6. I bring it up as it may prove an issue with ToB style npcs, where multiple levels are possibly gained at a time (Jan in particular or Aerie etc). @Jalily

Comments

• FlashheartFlashheart Member Posts: 125
    If we assume that the multi-class lore value works in the same way as multi-class hitpoints, I would expect the 3 point increase to be correct.

You got 3 lore from the mage class and 3 lore from the thief class, divided by 2 because you levelled two multi-class levels. 6/2 = 3.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    After testing it out with a mage/thief, it appears you only gain lore in a single class, whichever one has a better lore progression. Mage and thief have the same progression, but it looks like the game went with the thief's lore table. So when you level up just as a thief or as a thief and mage simultaneously, you get +3 lore, when you level up as a mage you get none.
    Flashheart
  • AaronDemonciaAaronDemoncia Member Posts: 31
    Id totally accept @Flashheart 's reasons as that fits with the tone of multiclass, But my issue is that if they had leveled seperatly they would have gained lore each. it just seems wrong. unless im totally misunderstanding how the game calculates multiclass lore entirely (highly possible) @TJ_Hooker