Skip to content

About Duergar

Just some requests for this race:

1° - Make the Duergar's in Irenicus Dungeon stop of shouting "By Moradin's Hammer", that's pretty awkward, Laduguer will not like that.

2° - Put some Duergar in Underdark if possible, i found beholders, mind flayers, Svirfneblin, Githyanki, Kuo-Toa, but no enemy duergar... I'm rich, i'm shinning with my magical items, i'm new on underdark with probally some humans in the party (no infravision) and Duergar like ambushes.

Comments

• ArchnecromancerArchnecromancer Member Posts: 17
    Nice ideas. It shouldn't be too hard for them to make some new soundsets that would match these dwarves and even some other characters more accurately, and to add one encounter in the Underdark (maybe a special one when resting in the Underdark if they feel that the area is already too crowded with encounters).
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited May 2013
    I liked the idea of an Duergar ambush during a rest :)! Of course, decent Duergars this time, not the crap that existed in Irenicus Dungeon.
  • AaronDemonciaAaronDemoncia Member Posts: 31
    if i agree with one thing about tactics its that i thought the Ilyich battle was insulting for a dude allied with the drow and hellbent on having your head
  • KouTheMadKouTheMad Member Posts: 77
    i'd rather play as one personally.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    I'd rather have a Gold Dwarf or two personally. I like the aztec-style variation of this subrace. Duergar are just even grumpier versions of surface Dwarves...

...hold on.. that doesn't make sense. Surface Dwarves live underground as well.. Does that make them underdark dwellers? But they live on the su.... urgh. I have given myself a headache.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Duergar are maladjusted douchebags due to their entire clan being experimented on by mindflayers and inadvertently given psionic powers. They were originally just another clan of mountain dwarves (technically a variety of gold dwarf, from FR subraces) prior to being twisted into a whole new species.

And include all their benefits. The ability to see through all illusions (just like demons or kua-tuo), poison and paralysis immunity, the ability to pump their str up and turn invisible.
  • KouTheMadKouTheMad Member Posts: 77
    i seriously have a character idea in mind specifically as a Duergar, a Duergar Exorcist to be exact.