Skip to content

Set skill point's manually

Not everyone will put 18 to all stats, but maybe, if it's like an optianal things in options, one can create a character with more freedom, since the real customization comes with playing the game. Anyone agrees with me here?

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    If I understand you correctly I think you can do this. There should be a file (forget the name) that ends in ".2da" (I'll look it up later if nobody chimes in) in which you can set your starting thief skill points and amount gained per level. Of this what you mean?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited June 2013
    Do you mean that you wish that you could choose how many stat points you have at character creation? What you can do is enable the cheat console (Point number 1 here), and then during Abilities section of character creation, press CTRL+8. This will set all you stats to 18 (and strength to 18/00, even for non-warrior classes), and from there you can adjust them how you want. The only problem arises when you want a character with 18 STR but not 18/00, as there's no way to change the exceptional strength.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    To complicated... I don't mean to adjust yourself to all powerfull, just but I spent to mutch time to find a number that im comfortable with... and since you can do it the hard way way can't it be an easier way to do it. If you are like a hardcore player you can ignore the option... I guess I'm alone in this request.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    It's called Shadowkeeper.....like people have been doing since a bit after BG came out. There's no reason for it to EVER be an official feature.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited June 2013
    We did add a feature to the stat-rolling screen that shows you the total of all your ability scores for a given roll. You can use that to give yourself a pool of points and assign them as desired. (Just reroll until you get a number you like, and assign to taste; 75 is the minimum, 84 will give you three 18s and three 10s, and anything above that just gives you more to play with).
  • I notice, its a nice feature!
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    I use a method where I take the very first roll above 81 (at least as good as some NPCs in BG) where the primary ability for the PC's class is also above 12. Then I deduct up to 3 points from any ability and add up to 3 points to other abilities. It gives me a character with the primary attribute of 16 to 18 and as many as 3 points added to a couple other abilities that are considered important. Often comes up with some very interesting characters.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    There's a thread called "How to manually customize your game" (here's the link: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/how-to-manually-customize-your-game/p1) where they tell you in an easy-to-follow way, how to activate console command. After that, you just press Ctrl-8 at character creation screen, and voilá: you have 18 in everything. Then you can take off as many points as you like. The only problem is, that it also gives you 18/00 strenght, so you can't have regular 18 STR with classes that are actually not eligible for 18/xx strength value.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @Senash that's pretty much verbatim what @TJ_Hooker said about 6 posts above
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Damn, sorry. Shouldn't read forums this late when I should be studying anyway...
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    maybe great minds think alike or you subliminally saw it :)