Skip to content

A Plan of Last Resort

Let me preface this by saying that I'm hoping Beamdog emerges victorious from their current legal tangle, and that I'll be among the first in line to buy BG2:EE if and when it's available for sale.

However, should the worst come to pass and BG2:EE never materializes, I would ask that the devs consider converting Dorn, Neera, Rasaad and the fourth new character into WEIDU-based NPC mods that can be implemented in the original versions of the game. I make this request so that we who supported this project can at the very least experience some measure of closure for the new characters. It won't be perfect, and it won't be what we really wanted, but it would at least be preferable to having all those stories just disappear into oblivion...

Comments

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I really doubt they need to go into last resorts just yet... I do believe it's highly likely they will get to release BG2:EE and future patches to both BG:EE and BG2:EE...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Isn't this more a feature request? and I write that knowing someday I could very well have to include it in the list of feature requests I'm working on.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @elminster: I don't think it qualifies as a feature request because I would only ask this in the event that BG2:EE became permanently blocked from release. While I share @Kaltzor 's hope that this is just a temporary inconvenience, I've seen this sort of thing happen before and it's never turned out well for the audience.