Skip to content

Bug with the hp of exported character

Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
edited June 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Describe current behavior: If you create a new game with an exported character, it will reroll the hp of the toon to a random number each time. For example a mage with 16 con, lvl9, with 54hp (the max, dozen reload at each lvl up involved here) can sometime have 41hp, 42hp, 48hp in the beginning of the new game.

Describe expected behavior: The exported character should keep is current hp and do not reroll them. The reroll of the hp has been done hundred time after all, for those who tried to have the max hp at each lvl.

A way to bypass the bug currently: You must set the game at 'easy' instead of 'core rule', so when the character will be exported it will reroll is hp but since this is easy, max hp each lvl, you will have your max hp (if it was what you had).

Thanks.
Post edited by Twilight_Fox on

Comments

• Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Someone else was able to recreate this bug on the lastest version?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I think this is a known bug. I know I've seen similar threads about this issue. It's kind of annoying, but easy to fix if you have EEKeeper.
    Ah ok, thanks
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited June 2013
    1) Instead of reloading "dozen times", you can just simply switch to Easy difficulty to get max hp at level up, then switch back to your previous settings.

2) This bug happens when you import a char wearing an item that increases hp by a %, like the Ioun Stone. Can be the case?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

2) This bug happens when you import a char wearing an item that increases hp by a %, like the Ioun Stone. Can be the case?

No, it doesn't matter. I've thought of that as well and experimented importing my character with and without the Helm of Balduran equipped.
    Nah, even a naked char 2-3 lvl encounter the same issue.