Skip to content

A Few Questions about Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2

shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
Hello, everyone! I've recently started playing the NWN series for the very first time - it gives me something to pass the time while we're waiting for Atari's Entangle spell to wear off. I tend to plan my characters in advance, so I'd like some advice about the RPs I've prepared:

1. My PC in NWN1's original campaign is a LG Fighter/Champion of Torm; who's the best henchman to take with me in the final chapter?

2. I know it's possible to recruit Aribeth in "Hordes of the Underdark", but there's a lot of conflicting information as to how exactly that works. My PC will be a Lawful Evil female; will I be able to keep Aribeth both evil and loyal? Some sources say the only way she'll stay with me is if I redeem her; others say I have to be male and romance her in order to keep her, and others claim that female PCs can run a Persuade check at the very last moment. So... which is it?

3. Who's the better spellcaster for an Evil/Neutral party in NWN2: Qara or Ammon Jerro?

4. In "Mask of the Betrayer", is it possible to maintain a romance with Gann through to the end of the game if my PC is Evil? Can my character be Evil but still choose the Mask ending without converting to Neutral or Good? (I know there's a Kill-Em-All ending but that's not really where I want to go with this particular character...)

Comments

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    edited July 2013
    1. My PC in NWN1's original campaign is a LG Fighter/Champion of Torm; who's the best henchman to take with me in the final chapter?
    I'm always partial to Linu the cleric, if only for the auto-healing. Though really, they're all just fine if you kit them out well enough. None of them can't be replaced by the other and some items (for example, replace Linu with Grimgnaw + some healing potions or replace Tomi for Daelan and a big hammer)

2. I know it's possible to recruit Aribeth in "Hordes of the Underdark", but there's a lot of conflicting information as to how exactly that works. My PC will be a Lawful Evil female; will I be able to keep Aribeth both evil and loyal? Some sources say the only way she'll stay with me is if I redeem her; others say I have to be male and romance her in order to keep her, and others claim that female PCs can run a Persuade check at the very last moment. So... which is it?
    All of the above. Romancing is the 'easy' path, just do your thing and she'll stay around. Otherwise, just talk to her regularly, play into her wickedness and keep your persuasion up in case of emergencies (or just fork over a load of gold at the opportune moment).

3. Who's the better spellcaster for an Evil/Neutral party in NWN2: Qara or Ammon Jerro?
    Sand. Qara's a bitch, Ammon's a warlock and thus only partially useful.

4. In "Mask of the Betrayer", is it possible to maintain a romance with Gann through to the end of the game if my PC is Evil? Can my character be Evil but still choose the Mask ending without converting to Neutral or Good? (I know there's a Kill-Em-All ending but that's not really where I want to go with this particular character...)
    Yes, as long as you stroke his ego while being evil.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Thanks, @Drugar! :)
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    1. Tomi is pretty awful for the final, I'd go with Daelin or Grimnaw, possibly Linu. Daelin and Grimnaw though will spam knockdown, which helps a lot.

2. you can pay the knower of names for her true name and force her to obey, regardless of the situation.