Skip to content

Steam Update: 1.0.2012

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited January 2013 in Archived News
This is just a general notice that the Steam version of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has been patched to version 1.0.2012. This brings the Steam version of the game up to current with the PC and iPad builds. If you would like to know what has changed, there are patch notes for .2012 HERE.

Note that this does not guarantee that future patches will be synchronized with Steam; Atari is still in charge of patching the Steam version of the game, so we'll just have to hope that it gets patched efficiently.

That is all. Game on!

~Dee
CuvJalilymlneveseNecdilzorCrevsDaak

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Yes! The News section!!
    CrevsDaak
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    nice. baeloth everywhere now.
  • Vince2013Vince2013 Member Posts: 6
    I don't know if im saying something that's been said over and over but what about the multiplayer? When I got the game I thought it said there was matchmaking already on it but there wasn't. Maybe I read it wrong but its been a few months now. The hole steam thing kinda makes me mad 2. If there is a thread on this then can someone point me to it because I cant find one.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @Aosaw

Speaking of synchronized patches, is the plan to sync up the iPad and PC versions?

If so have you been told if this will make it take a lot longer to get patch 2013?

Let me ask this question in a better way where you don't have to give specifics. Do you think it would be much longer than Feb 14th to expect 2013 where we can get APR fixed? Because a month of that is getting lame. I mean that in the nicest and most patient way I can. Not annoyed with the developers, just mildly annoyed at the situation. Mostly curious.

@Vince2013

There was like a billion threads on the Steam thing at one time, bottom line is Beamdog/Overhaul didn't plan that. Atari did it fairly underhandedly without their approval and surprised them as well. About multiplayer, valid concern at this point, I would hope to expect something in the next patch.
  • RoseveldRoseveld Member Posts: 11
    So at this moments there is no difference between the Beamdog and the Steam version?
    I already own the normal Beamdog version, however out of steam convenience I was thinking of buying it additionally on steam since its only 4 euros.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    That's correct; at the moment there is no appreciable difference between them.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I'd consider buying BG:EE again on Steam, also, just for all the Steam features, such as total hours played, and notifying your Steam friends what you're playing, and all that kind of thing. If only the devs would benefit financially from my doing that. I don't want to give money to Atari during a bankruptcy, especially after the current legal fiasco.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Beamdog could (should) upgrade their client engine atm, after all they have nothing else to do as BG:EE project is frozen atm...
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    kamuizin said:

after all they have nothing else to do as BG:EE project is frozen atm...

False. Game companies who sit around wondering what their next project is going to be don't stay in business very long.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    How interesting that BG:EE goes on Steam sale just today... and for a price of less than 5 Euros. I wonder what Atari is doing.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629

How interesting that BG:EE goes on Steam sale just today... and for a price of less than 5 Euros. I wonder what Atari is doing.

Twisting the knife in Beamdog's back?
    alnair
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    At least BG:EE is being respected a lot on the gamers community, it's the first in the list of the most sold RPGs :)!

Steam can sell cheaper, but you have to b always online to play steam games if i'm not wrong.

• kamuizin said:

At least BG:EE is being respected a lot on the gamers community, it's the first in the list of the most sold RPGs :)!

Steam can sell cheaper, but you have to b always online to play steam games if i'm not wrong.

I'm cuasi sure that i'm not always online when playing... I will check and tell you.
    TJ_Hooker
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @kamuizin you don't have to be online to play Steam games. If you're not connected to the internet, you can start Steam in offline mode, and then away you go.
    [Deleted User]kamuizinMalicron
  • Yes, what he said.
This discussion has been closed.