Skip to content

Will BGEE work on Windows 8?

Hi guys.
I've been looking for this question on the forum but i couldn't find anywhere,so i excuse myself already if there was already a thread regarding this issue... but anyway,back to my main point,anyone knows if BGEE will run fine on Windows 8 Pro 64bit edition?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    BG:EE will work on Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro x86 (32 bit) and x64 bit. It will not run on Windows 8 RT (Surface, etc).

The current functionality of BG:EE on Windows 8 is operating with the mouse under the 'Desktop' mode.

Touch functionality for BG:EE on Windows 8 touch devices may come in the future as a post-ship feature, but nothing has been promised.

Keep in mind that Windows 8 is still new and that drivers for it are not mature. Even though BG:EE will work on Windows 8 it is not officially supported as of yet.

Please see this thread and this thread for more details.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    After release we'll be looking at getting touch functionality working for Windows 8 users on x86 tablets and laptops with touchscreen. It shouldn't take us terribly long.
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    Cheers for the info. Forgot to mention on my post that im using windows 8 with mouse+keyboard so glad to know that i should be fine :)
  • DogmatixDogmatix Member Posts: 25
    Good to know that Windows 8 touchscreen might not work at first. It's a bit strange that Microsoft won't do any "compatibility modes" for win8 touch screen interface which would turn it into similar input device like on ordinary tablets. Could possibly be handy on some occations... :)
  • seldon80seldon80 Member Posts: 1
    Any update on touchscreen support for Windows 8 Pro tablets? Unfortunately it is unplayable in the current state (although the game itself is running fine of course).
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    @seldon80 unfortunately work on that has been pushed back - it's still something we want to look at, but other things have to take priority right now.
  • FalkiosFalkios Member Posts: 9
    I have ASUS Vivo Tab TF600TG-1B110R 3G with Windows RT, too.
    Link: http://www.asustore.it/tablet_asus_vivo_tab_tf600tg1b110r_3g__tastiera/903-p.php

No news about compatibility?

Thanks!
  • ReijManReijMan Member Posts: 2
    Signing up for an RT version. Surface RT is a great device to (re)play BG on! I will gladly buy the game again.