Skip to content

BG2 Additional, GENERIC Pick/Drop Sound that Plays Simultaneously on Inventory Screen

g314g314 Member Posts: 201
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
When on Inventory Screen, you can pick up any object to equip your character. As you perform this action, in BG2, the game plays a common, generic sound for any item, ALONG WITH the original BG1 item sound you've picked up (arrows, armors, swords, etc.). When you drop/equip the game plays another generic sound, again, together with the item's BG1 assigned sound.

BG1 just plays the item sound, but BG2 includes this generic sound simultaneously. This is particularly noticeable with misc objects that in BG2 lack any sound (BG1 has a thud-like one for misc items). I personally find it annoying.

PLEASE notice that I'm NOT talking about the new BG2-style pick/drop sound (like maces vs. hammers that now have distinguishable sounds), but only about ONE sound that plays simultaneously with ALL items.

If this single *generic* sound from BG2 that plays simultaneously for ALL items didn't annoy you at all, click on 'Keep.'
Otherwise, if you prefer the BG1 style *without* that *generic* sound, click on 'Remove.'
  1. BG2 Additional Pick/Drop Sound on Inventory Screen16 votes
    1. Keep
      81.25%
    2. Remove
      18.75%
Post edited by g314 on

Comments

• Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
    add another poll option called "huh?"
    Ulfgar_TorunnDiscoCat
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Daedalus87m : I am sure you know the thing... go into the inventory screen, grab your plate mail and drop it. Those sounds (to further compromise my sanity, I'll attempt to recreate them "Baadaah... BAGMMM!" )
    Eleos
  • EleosEleos Member Posts: 48

"Baadaah... BAGMMM!"

Yep. Those are them. For potions: "Ticklick... PLINK!"

Anton
  • Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
    Ye, I know which sounds he is talking about, it's just that he goes into detail explaining the BG2 additional sound, which makes me all like "ah ye right, THAT one! I prefer it the way it was in BG1" and then when I look at the poll options there's only options to keep 'em all, or none. No BG1 option.

So I was kinda confused, why explain everything when you can say "You want sounds when you click on items in your inventory, yes/no?"

Do I make sense? :D

Do I make sense? :D

Yeah. I see what you are saying. You feel like there should be a third option to allow for BG1 style sounds.

In all honesty, I am partial to the BGII style.
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    edited August 2012
    Whoa, I didn't expect to generate such... excitement. And I'm not sure I've been clear about what I had in my mind. BG1 and BG2 share the same item sounds, and that's perfectly fine. I was talking about another completely different sound ('huh'-like sound, if you will) introduced in BG2 that is common for ALL items. What's that sound again? Like... you know, "Pluck... TLACK!" something, maybe? =D

Of course I'm NOT talking about removing the standard item sounds! Why should I want such a thing? °o.O

So, if that single *generic* sound from BG2 didn't annoy you at all, press 1 for 'Keep.'
    If you prefer the BG1 style (which, I see, @Daedalus87m and @Eleos requested) *without* that *generic* sound, press 2 for 'Remove.'

Ah, and for the records, I just ADORE the "Ticklick... PLINK!" sound of the potions. How did you guess??? It's my all-time favorite! You know, back in the day, when I learned they included this particular sound, I bought the game in a heartbeat and spread the word of the soothing MAGIC that this sound alone provides! Ahhh, the memories... ^^

Mark my words, if they won't include the potion sounds, I'll make sure this game tanks! Boo is watching you! (Yes, those Beamdog fools must understand that messing up with Edwin's potions shall cost them dearly.)
    Post edited by g314 on
    Oh, @Daedalus87m, I probably understood what you've interpreted from my OP. Or, maybe we misinterpreted each other. Yeah, in BG2 I now remember there are new item sounds, i.e. maces now have a new sound to distinguish them from hammers.

So, you probably understood I wanted to remove these new sounds, right? No. Far from it! I was just talking about ONE sound (actually two, since it's one picking and one dropping sound) that's playing simultaneously whenever you pick/drop an item. That's it. Please, let me know if this is correct.
    I'm so confused.
    Eleos said:

I'm so confused.

Man, what's wrong with your saving throws...?