Skip to content

Who would play each NPC in Baldur's Gate: The movie?

2»

Comments

• CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I think Icewind Dale would make the best movie out of all the IE games - it has a strong linear plot, a deep atmosphere and no fixed cast of protagonists. That's what I say since that wierd Courtney Solomon movie.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I think IWD would make the best HOLLYWOOD movie. It is very light on story or character depth. Maybe Michael Bay is available? (it's a joke)

Seriously, IWD is intended to be a dungeon crawl with the absolute loosest possible excuse to string a bunch of adventures together into one. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IWD. i just don't see it in the same camp as BG as far as story or Character driven drama. It's kind of like comparing Game of Thrones to a Roadrunner cartoon.
    BelgarathMTHSwordsNotWords
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Hmm, maybe Torment could work. It's as epic as Baldur's Gate, if not more so, and more linear.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Best thing in Icewind Dale: "RELEASE THE SQUIRRELS"
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    As long as Kate Beckinsale or Charlize Theron is in it, everything will be right in the world.
    I got to thinking that Summer Glau would probably be a really good fit for Shar-Teel. What do you guys think? She has that terminatoresque type feel and could definitely pull off the whole Dexy Female warrior.
    ReadingRamboMalicron
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited July 2013
    I misunderstood the rules slightly. But, what if you can have any actor in history from any time in their acting career? Since, lets face it, a movie will never be made and even if it was you would never get all these current stars and starlets anyway, so might as well just go all out fantasy casting. So you can have Alyson Hannigan and David Warner from when they were younger.

I watched Westworld, once, and remember thinking that Yul Brynner would have made a good Sarevok (it was the eyes).

Also, Wayne Rooney as Montaron.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited July 2013
    I've always wanted to see Armin Shimmerman (Quark, DS9), and Wallace Shawn (Vizzini, Princess Bride and Grand Nagus, DS9) in shorty roles.

Either one of them would make a really good Jan Jansen or Tiax. I've heard most people like Wallace Shawn for Tiax, so I guess Armin Shimmerman would be Jan Jansen, or maybe Quayle.
    the_spyderJLee
    @belgarathmth - I could totally see Admin Shimmerman as Jan. Good call.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526

As long as Kate Beckinsale or Charlize Theron is in it, everything will be right in the world.

Who would Charlize Theron play?

Kate Bekinsale I could see as Viconia maybe?
  • MilesBeyondMilesBeyond Member Posts: 324
    I've given this a lot of thought, and I think I've come up with the indisputable perfect casting for a BG movie. You might be against a movie of BG, but one look at this line-up and you'll change your mind quickly.

CHARNAME: Eddie Murphy
    Gorion: Eddie Murphy with a beard
    Imoen: Eddie Murphy in drag
    Sarevok: Eddie Murphy in a suit of armour
    Montaron: Eddie Murphy kneeling
    Xzar: Eddie Murphy with crazy eyes
    Khalid: Eddie Murphy with a stutter
    Jaheira: Eddie Murphy in not-as-much drag
    Minsc: Eddie Murphy, constantly yelling
    Dynaheir: Eddie Murphy in even more drag
    Mulahey: Eddie Murphy in heavy makeup
    Tazok: Eddie Murphy in heavier makeup
    Scar: Eddie Murphy in a uniform
    Angelo: Eddie Murphy in a different uniform
    Duke Eltan: Eddie Murphy faking sick
    Elminster: Eddie Murphy in a pointy hat

Tell me that this isn't the best way to bring the world of Baldur's Gate to life.
    TaylorTwerk
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    I know suggestions for Keldorn seem in short supply but having just been to see The World's End I'm going to say Pierce Brosnan would work.
    SwordsNotWords
  • TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79
    RedGuard said:

@Coutelier It's been so long since Baldur's Gate was first out. There's good reason why people aren't mentioning Alyson Hannigan as Imoen much anymore. A lot of time has passed. She's still incredibly attractive, but she has grown up since then.

Not that I'm not a huge fan of Buffy which I am, I would think more people now would know Alyson Hannigan from How I met your Mother. I think that even in her role as Lilly she is still incrediably simalair looking to Imoen I mean makeup and other special effects are magic to aging. Look at cloud atlas.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    Considering Allison Hannigan can't act... no she wouldn't make a good Imoen quite simply because she couldn't do Imoen justice cause she can't act.

Much like her more famous counterpart (Sarah Michelle Gellar) she plays one role, and she doesn't play that role very well. Stilted, wooden, and with a voice that makes me want to rip my ears off. She would make a HORRIBLE Imoen.

I actually don't know who would make a good Imoen.

Although could you see Lena Headey as Safana? Or maybe Skie? Actually Grey De-Lisle might make a good Skie...
  • vladovlado Member Posts: 6
    Morgan Freeman as Keldorn

I've given this a lot of thought, and I think I've come up with the indisputable perfect casting for a BG movie. You might be against a movie of BG, but one look at this line-up and you'll change your mind quickly.

CHARNAME: Eddie Murphy
    Gorion: Eddie Murphy with a beard
    Imoen: Eddie Murphy in drag
    Sarevok: Eddie Murphy in a suit of armour
    Montaron: Eddie Murphy kneeling
    Xzar: Eddie Murphy with crazy eyes
    Khalid: Eddie Murphy with a stutter
    Jaheira: Eddie Murphy in not-as-much drag
    Minsc: Eddie Murphy, constantly yelling
    Dynaheir: Eddie Murphy in even more drag
    Mulahey: Eddie Murphy in heavy makeup
    Tazok: Eddie Murphy in heavier makeup
    Scar: Eddie Murphy in a uniform
    Angelo: Eddie Murphy in a different uniform
    Duke Eltan: Eddie Murphy faking sick
    Elminster: Eddie Murphy in a pointy hat

Tell me that this isn't the best way to bring the world of Baldur's Gate to life.

OK. It isn't the best way to bring the world of Baldur's Gate to life.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Given advances in CG technology, (Just look at Cinematic Trailers for most new video game releases) my dream cinematic experience of Baldur's Gate would probably be a TV series (the plot is too long for a feature film) like Game of Thrones, but all done with computer animation, which can be close to photo-realistic these days. That ways each character can be depicted faithfully to what they are supposed to look like in the game.

Of course this is horribly expensive and financially impossible. But then we are discussing actors for a movie that will never be made. :D