Skip to content

Resolution 1920x1200 showing clipped [FIX]

SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
edited November 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
[FIX] I had my text size in Windows 7 set to "Larger 150%" so I could read text much easier. Every program played fine with this setting except this game! When I switched to "Smaller 100% (Default)" and started the game up in Fullscreen it worked. The setting can be found by right-clicking on desktop>> select Personalize >> select Display (lower left corner) for people who have their text enlarged like I had for easier reading.

Please fix this issue with the game. It is very hard for me to read text at 1920x1200 without it enlarged somewhat. My eyes aren't as keen as they use to be.

Native monitor resolution for my Dell FPW2405 is 1920x1200 (16:10). The game boots up and the intro video and options screen are clipped (not showing fully on screen;partly off screen).

Playing in Window mode Maximized at the moment.

Why isn't there an option to select a resolution? I don't get it.

Just wanted to add a screen shot showing issue.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Post edited by Sandman on

Comments

• SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
    Bump
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Sounds like you need 16:9. That is going to suck when I try and play BG:EE on 4:3.
  • SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
    Tried 16:9 resolution like 1080p and same problem.
  • AzureblazeAzureblaze Member Posts: 22
    Good find Sandman, I have the same native rez, but I had mine at 100% already so did not see the issue. I HAVE however seen issue with Windows Text sizes in other applications before (I do tech support for some computer software)
  • EZYEZY Member Posts: 12
    yes please fix this, I don't like changing my text size just to play one game
  • gmiwenhtgmiwenht Member Posts: 3
    Is there a solution to this problem?
    I am running Windows 7 on a laptop and I am getting the exact same issue. I can run it in windowed mode, but then I cannot scroll the map properly.