Skip to content

Add STATE_PROTEVIL To STATE.IDS

MorkfelMorkfel Member Posts: 27
Neither the original game nor BG2 has an entry in STATE.IDS to represent being under the effects of 'Protection From Evil'. Being able to script the casting of this spell on party members when demons are around is broken unless this is added.

Clearly the demons can tell whether someone is protected from evil or not... player-created scripts need to also be able to discern the same.

Comments

• FlashheartFlashheart Member Posts: 125
    I believe the Detectable Spells mod adds this functionality. I believe it's compatible with BG:EE.

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=24350
  • MorkfelMorkfel Member Posts: 27
    It does, and it is.

I write vanilla AI scripts that work with the base game (as I have for every IE game since BG1 first came out with a script compiler that didn't work properly). I give them to friends and family and post them online, and not bundled with any mods.

That's why I'd really like to be able to script appropriately, especially Protection from Evil. for the base engine and not require additional mods. If the game is actively being worked on, it shouldn't be a large change.

Also, some spells like Melf's Acid appear on the character screen in BGEE, so the addition of a state entry to the IDS should be easy if the backend is already there.