Skip to content

[Bug]Timestop doesnt freeze spell durations.

Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
edited November 2012 in Original BG2 Bugs
I dont know why i didnt brought up this earlier but here goes. (probably because its difficult to implement)

Current Behavior:
Whatever Timestop does doesnt stop spells from running out. So using Timestop is hurtful with a buffed party, even if they are "frozen", their buffs miraculously arent and will run out.

Expected Behavior:
Timestop stops spells from running out on affected targets because they are frozen in time. Unless dispelled ofc.

Post edited by Balquo on
AntonAndreaColomboGriegAristillius

Comments

• AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Alway bothered me.. Although I do understand that it will be hard to implement.. You would have to actualy add some new Mode for this spell only.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    This should really be fixed, though it's more of a BG2:EE bugfix request--which means, it is not urgent right now but a note should be penned for later. I'll flag @SethDavis, maybe he can pen that note in between a fix and the other ;-)
    Roller12AntonParysDarksheer
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    unless there be a new timestop enemy in bg ee yes........ :)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    This is an example of something that, when fixed in BG2:EE will it be fixed in BG:EE, or will they have to separately patch the game? It would be nice if they only had to issue one patch for both games.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I believe all fixes for BG2:EE can be backported to BG:EE effortlessly, since they're sharing the same engine.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

I believe all fixes for BG2:EE can be backported to BG:EE effortlessly, since they're sharing the same engine.

Except if the fix breaks something in BGEE :D
    CrevsDaak
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited October 2012
    I know this may be unnecessary, but I was hoping that BG:EE and BG2:EE would be considered the same installation, for patching purposes, and each game would be it's own module. I think it would be more efficient that way, issuing one patch rather than two.
    AntonDarksheer
  • Wraith_SarevokWraith_Sarevok Member Posts: 130
    edited October 2012
    There won't be any enemies capable of casting the Timestop spell in BGEE anyway. The highest level enemy in the entire game of Baldur's Gate 1 was Sarevok at lvl 15 Fighter, if I remember my BradyGames strategy guide correctly. Timestop (lvl 9 spell) requires at least something like a lvl 18+ mage to cast... well unless you scroll it.

But anyway, this was one of the most annoying, unfixable bugs in BG2. Enemy would poison me, cast Timestop, and then nuke me AS THE POISON CONTINUED TO TICK DOWN. It was horrible. I sincerely hope they fix it for BG2EE.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    BG:EE includes The Black Pits, which I think has lvl 15 party or something like that. The enemies would likely be a bit higher and possibly have Time Stop available to them.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    what about that mage dude in ulgoth's beard? he casts level 6 spells in vanilla bg1, im pretty sure he could cast it, in fact im looking at his mage level right now and its level 29, not to bad for a bg1 character eh? ( im talking about Shandalar for those of us who dont know whats going on :) )
    CrevsDaak
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    And don't forget the rouge's time trap.
    Anton
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    On the same not about rogue's time trap: Sometime when I setup a time trap, it goes off twice as if I have set 2 time traps.
  • FubbyFubby Member Posts: 189
    Yeah this bug is seriously annoying.
    Anton