Skip to content

Please move Beregost east side transition load-in point.

BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
Wouldn't it be nice if the area transition point that the party uses to enter Beregost from the east was moved down next to the smithy? Am I the only one who gets annoyed loading in every single time up by Mirabelle's house to fight pathfinding down the narrow corridors down to the smithy or to get to the nearest inn?

In Beregost all of the other spawn-in points for the other directions are off-center a bit, it would be great if this one could be too.

This picture shows what I mean. In red is the current spawn point, green is the preferred spawn point.

Please agree with this post if like me, this has been bugging you for the last 14 years!

Comments

• LiggLigg Member Posts: 187
    I'll agree with you. Mirabelle lives in the suburbs.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yes please do this. I think this is a fantastic idea.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    There are many spawnpoints, that are wrong.
    - Area north of Friendly Arm Inn. You should appear on the west, at the beggining of the road, so you won't miss Ajantis.
    Cloakwood has also some spawnpoints off...

I think that you always appear in the middle of map in all locations.
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    Kirkor said:

I think that you always appear in the middle of map in all locations.

@Kirkor Well, not quite. In the Beregost map above the north spawnpoint is on the trail, a bit left of center. The west side is a bit above center (the path through the fog of war is where I zoned in and walked toward the center of town). I think the southern spawn is around where the green box is off-center.

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    I've got Beregost and Ajantis' farm. If anyone else has adjustments, speak now.
    Oh, and the zombie farm. You'll appear on the southern edge of the map instead of pushed north.
    While this will eventually be in the official patch, in the meantime you can enjoy the same functionality with the 'Sensible Entrance Points' component of BG2 Tweaks.
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    Brilliant, much appreciated CamDawg!
    The change that you made for the BGII Radiant Heart makes so much sense too, good thinking!