Skip to content

Which mods to install?

I've been waiting a while to play BG, and now that the EE is on sale on Steam, I was unsure which mods to install for the game. Are there any mods that are a must, because I've been reading a lot of criticism against the 'enhancements' of the EE. I looked at this thread ( http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15380/mod-and-modding-tutorials-quick-links#latest ), but am a bit lost as to which mods in that list significantly improve the game. I want to play a mostly vanilla experience but understand that many things are fixed or substantially expanded by mods, and I don't want to sift through each link in that list.

I suppose the main thing that I'm looking for is something like the Floris mod for Mount and Blade.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    I would strongly suggest unmodded for your first play through.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    edited July 2013
    There isn't yet all that much to choose from, I'm afraid.
    If it were ported, I would definitely advise you to install the BG1 NPC Project, but the effort has not yet been completed. Most bugfixes have already been incorporated into BGEE.
    There are some rule changes in RR that may or may not interest you. They don't particularly make the game not-vanilla, though there are a few such components in RR, as well. Perhaps you are interested in the Neera Expansion. There may also be some components of the BG2 Tweakpack that you'd like. The rest mostly look like not-vanilla.

Edit: now with flavour links.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    If its your first play through, no mods. After you play the game to completion and install some mods and see the wonderful changes that occur.
  • YarokYarok Member Posts: 2
    Cool, thanks for the advice. Started vanilla, will try mods when done.