Skip to content

Dragon Disciple dual-classing bug

HoltzmanEngineHoltzmanEngine Member Posts: 11
edited March 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I tried to dual-class a level 7 (actually current level is irrelevant) Dragon Disciple into a Fighter; I've all stat requisites but what happens is that exp is set again to 0/n (current DD level cap) in my case 0/90000 and the character gains +1 Constitution and he's still a Dragon Disciple. (OSX client)

Comments

• LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    That's strange. You shouldn't even be able to dual-class sorcerors, since they can't be multi-classed with anything.

The button should be permanently greyed out, I think.
  • HoltzmanEngineHoltzmanEngine Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2013
    where is that written? In dual-classing rules (appearing once you press the button) there are limitations about primary stats, race (human, i am of course) and sometimes particular class alignment.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

where is that written? In dual-classing rules (appearing once you press the button) there are limitations about primary stats, race (human, i am of course) and sometimes particular class alignment.

All dual class combinations must correspond to a valid multiclass combination. So you were never able to make a sorcerer dual class because there's no sorcerer/X multiclass. So the fact that you are able (to attempt) to dual a Dragon Disciple is almost certainly a bug, seeing as how it's a sorcerer kit. As @Luigirules said, the dual class button should probably be greyed out altogether.
  • HoltzmanEngineHoltzmanEngine Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2013
    ok got it thanks guys, anyway it's important to signal the problem cause you can easily reach 25 Constitution looping the process :)
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    v2014
    No mods, though I imported Glasses of Identification from BG2 by extracting using EEKeeper and put it in my Override folder.

Bug:

My Dragon Disciple (new Sorcerer kit) has Dual-Class option available, with Fighter as only option. Dual-class functionality is strangely broken. More details below.

Expected behaviour:

I'm pretty sure that no dual-class options are available to Sorcerers. Perhaps dual-class was intended to be available to Dragon Disciples, in which case, it doesn't appear work properly (see below).

Details:

My Dragon Disciple had Dual-class capability at Level 2. I continued to level up until Level 4, at which point I decided to try the dual-class, thinking it strange that it was there, but I developed my character's spell choices etc. with dual-classing to fighter in mind once I saw the option was available.

So I dual-classed to Fighter, and was presented with the normal Dual-class screen, with four proficiency points to distribute. I did so, and Accepted.

When I returned to the Record screen, I saw I was still a Dragon Disciple. All my XP were gone, but I was still Level 4, though I had the proficiencies I selected (2 slots Long Sword, 2 slots Single Weapon Style). So I pulled out a Longsword, but couldn't equip it. And I also saw that the Dual-Class button was still available.

Imgur album of screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/pVl0x
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Great bug report! This is a known issue, and is slated to be fixed in the next update.
    Sorry for reposting this bug, I did a search for Dragon Disciple Dual-Class and got no relevant bug report results. The search function may not be completely functional.
    Cerevant said:

Great bug report! This is a known issue, and is slated to be fixed in the next update.

Just curious: What is the actual expected behaviour? Should Dual-class be unavailable, or should it work properly?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It should be unavailable.

The forum search, on top of being generally terrible, completely ignores the bug sections. To get decent results, use an external search engine like Google and add site:forum.baldursgate.com to your query to limit the results to these boards.
  • AlexanderTTAlexanderTT Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I heard that you couldn't dual class a dragon disciple, but I have access to the prompts in game. You are able to go through all the prompts and complete the dual class, however all it does is set your xp to 0 and fails to dual class you. Bug can be easily duplicated.

*Update* found in another thread and already being addressed, sorry for the duplicate bug report.