Skip to content

Will I be able to trigger Neera's quest when I've advanced to the next chapter?

AlphafroschAlphafrosch Member Posts: 4
Hi folks!
This is my first posting and I say hello to everyone. =)

As one might guess from the topic, I want to know whether I can advance in Neera's questline even if I hit the next chapter.

I'm in chapter 1 right now and I was on my way to Nashkel, when I accidently triggered Neera's quest to the point where I should accompany here to Adoy's enclave. I tried to get there but I did not even survive the Durlag's Tower area so I decided to advance in the main quest and gather some xp first.

When I hit Nashkel, I advanced to the 2nd chapter and all my quests disappeared with the exception of "Troubles in the Region" and "Important Events". Will I still be able to complete Neera's quest despite it's cleared from the questlog? Or have I to complete the questline before I advance to Nashkel/chapter 2?

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited July 2013
    neera's quest is not durlag's tower
    it is just near there
    if neera doesn't comply about not going with her quest you will be able ofc
  • AlphafroschAlphafrosch Member Posts: 4
    zur312 said:

it is just near there

I know where Neera's quest takes place, but to get there I have to go through the Durlag's Tower area IIRC.
    Just to get it right: I can complete the quest even if advancing to a further chapter cleanses the entry in the log?!

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959

zur312 said:

it is just near there

I know where Neera's quest takes place, but to get there I have to go through the Durlag's Tower area IIRC.
    Just to get it right: I can complete the quest even if advancing to a further chapter cleanses the entry in the log?!

Welcome to the forum.

Advancing into new chapters does not prevent you from doing other quests. You don't need to worry about that.

Durlag's Tower is Tales of the Sword Coast expansion content, so you are not meant to go there until near the endgame. (Chapter 6 or 7).

Also, just so u are aware, Neera and Dorn are not 'core' characters, they are better developed than the other NPCs because they were additions made in the enhanced edition. There is such a thing as the canon party, if you intended to continue your adventure into BG 2.
    Thank you very much, that helped a lot!

I played BG a lot when it first came out, so I know there is a canonical party. ;)
    But when I first read about new party members, I was eager to have them in my party, especially Neera as a wild mage.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Your journal entries should still be there. You just have to flip your journal back to the previous chapter.
    Shame on me, I just figured out how that works.