Skip to content

Blocked in a quest!

Hi,

So, Lothander and Marek come up to me with the poison thingy and I say I don't care.
Then I meet back Lothander at the market and still tell him I don't care.

Then my PG feels sick and said that I should have kept attention, so I go back to Lothander and he "has nothing to say.."...

How do I start the quest? I'm gonna die!!!

Comments

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    If you're quick, you can still beat the game before the week is up.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    What if any journal entries do you have about it?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    You can also set the global variables
    LothanderMove to 3, and
    HelpLothander to 0
    and he should talk to you.
    You can either enable the console and use CLUAConsole:("variablename","GLOBAL",variablevalue) to set the variables, or use EEKeeper to do it.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited July 2013
    Piero88 said:

Hi,

So, Lothander and Marek come up to me with the poison thingy and I say I don't care.

Then my PG feels sick and said that I should have kept attention, so I go back to Lothander and he "has nothing to say.."...

Probably he clicked "I don't care" too.
  • Piero88Piero88 Member Posts: 4
    elminster said:

What if any journal entries do you have about it?

It says I met them and that Lothander told me he would give the antitode if I helped him!

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited July 2013

Piero88 said:

Hi,

Probably he clicked "I don't care" too.
    Yea he wanted to try this new thing called RP and the first change of his new life would be to tell the first quest seeker "Hah, you're ****ed". That guy just happened to be your character, life sucks :P
    Wisp said:

LothanderMove to 3, and
    HelpLothander to 0
    You can either enable the console and use CLUAConsole:("variablename","GLOBAL",variablevalue) to set the variables, or use EEKeeper to do it.

I am having problems enabling the console. When I edit Baldurs.ini and I open the game it won't work, I tried to change permissions or edit out of the folder and replace the original but still no chance. As soon as I open the game it will go back non-edited

• FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    Piero88 said:

Wisp said:

LothanderMove to 3, and
    HelpLothander to 0

I am having problems enabling the console. When I edit Baldurs.ini and I open the game it won't work, I tried to change permissions or edit out of the folder and replace the original but still no chance. As soon as I open the game it will go back non-edited

If you have i installed in Program Files folder, you also have to disable "read-only"
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    It says I met them and that Lothander told me he would give the antitode if I helped him!
    Then maybe you should help him? He's standing outside a specific tent for a reason.

If all fails, can't you just kill them both to get the antidote?
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Kill them! It looks like you play Hack'n slash and don't RP. So don't bother and do not wait to long.
    Where do I find Marek? Lotharend doesnt seem to have any sort of potion or antitode on him
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    older games really do have a sense of urgency when they give you a time limit. I am playing the original fallout atm and have a 150 day time limit. you aren't the first to do this and many actually end up wondering how they are dying. anyway, marek is in the blushing mermaid in the northeast district, but I don't know if he shows until you are where you need to be in the quest. if your console doesn't work you could also try eekeeper.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2013
    Piero88 said:

Where do I find Marek? Lotharend doesnt seem to have any sort of potion or antitode on him

Reload your game so that he isn't dead. Saying you should kill him is terrible advice (at this stage anyways). What you want to do is go into the tent and talk to the diviner in it. Ask her how to remove the geas. Then return to Lothander and take it from there! (this is the non-spoiler part of the forum so I'm being vague here).