Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Tumblr Trolling

2»

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Kilivitz
    Kilivitz said:

I think the guy's enthusiasm with the game is quite endearing, really.

Agreed. Which is why, while I felt like messing with him, I had to put that little footnote to let him know I was just playin'. Honestly I envy him. Once you know the mechanics of the game like the back of your hand, it begins to lose its magic.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Quartz said:

Honestly I envy him. Once you know the mechanics of the game like the back of your hand, it begins to lose its magic.

Hence I never bothered with Shadowkeeper, CLUA console, modding and other things that are stripping game of it's magic.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I admit I did use Shadowkeeper during my playthrough of Shadows of Amn. The only thing I really used it for was for better ammo stacks, though. Cheating in money so that you can buy everything just gets boring, and also ruins the feeling you've actually earned your money. Spending 'real' earned money on that one expensive sword or bow feels so much more immersive that way. :)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I mean not modding at itself, but me myself messing with game code, consoles etc. I also hate to use workarounds for soundsets right now and things like that.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    After playing BG2 for the third or fourth time, I exploited the hell out of the game with Shadowkeeper. Changed people's classes (Jan Jansen the assassin is creepy as hell), reset triggers, romanced everything that wasn't nailed down, etc. Then I discovered mods and did it all over again.

After going through "the developer's intention" way of playing, one is allowed to have a little fun.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Quartz said:

I kinda felt the need to share this with you guys. I dunno this person sounded like they were bragging hardcore about something entirely unimpressive so I had to kick them down a notch. All in good fun mind you :)

I've got give the guy at least some credit for posting the melting face of Major Toht from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Wow, I really missed out on the drama on this thread. ^.~
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Mortianna Haha, I'm not sure "missing out" is the word you're looking for. ;P