Skip to content

Cleric/thief requests

CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
edited July 2013 in Feature Requests
Make C/T multi available for all races... It does not make sense, that the only races that can do this multi is gnome and half-orc, while all races can be both a cleric or a thief.

(Edited to remove unnecessary requests)
Post edited by Cactus on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited July 2013
    there is a +1 and a +2 club in bgee, plus the staff of striking is the best weapon in the game for backstabbing and you can recharge it by selling it, then buying it back
  • CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    Ok... I edit the request :)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    there is actually a thread right now going about this but of coarse a.d.d. got in the way I believe :)
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    It's there for cultural reasons.

Letting anyone be any class was the downfall of 3rd edition, and made it a Munchkin/power-gamer paradise.

The more acceptable choice, would be to add the racial kits with appropriate multi-class options.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

Letting anyone be any class was the downfall of 3rd edition, and made it a Munchkin/power-gamer paradise.

The more acceptable choice, would be to add the racial kits with appropriate multi-class options.

munchkins will munchkin. But like it or not, they're a part of the community and they help to keep it alive. While you're right--more choices will generally make power gaming easier--neither more choices nor power gaming are bad in themselves. I think the hypothesis is that the game that caters to more play styles will be more "fit" in the market environment.

Lets face it: We don't all play the same game. My dwarves don't always have scottish accents and my elves aren't always pretty athenians. Me paladins are flawed and my changelings exist--heh, so to speak. I think the options were the best part of 3e.

That said, I agree generally with second part: more m/c kits/options would be good. :)
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473

Why does power gaming matter in p&p? Those that want to do it (and gm allows it) will be overpowered anyway. Those that find other things fun will adapt their p&p game for that.

Restricting in BG for the sake of avoiding power-gaming makes little sense for me.