Skip to content

City of Baldur's Gate after second visit in Candlekeep

KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
[ATTENTION! MASSIVE SPOILERS!]

OK, this is something that seems quite easy to do and may improve the gameplay significantly.
So when we enter Chapter Seven (leaving Candlekeep after being accused of murder), city of Baldur's Gate should be blanked again (not possible to quick travel through it - you would have to enter those areas again to make it able to quicktravel). You should be only able to quicktravel to the city's bridge.

Why? Because:
1) You miss alot of content when quicktravel is available from the start - dialogs with Tamoko, guy who offers to "smuggle" you into the city etc.
2) It makes too easy to avoid Flaming Fist, when you can just quicktravel.
3) Sneaking around the city without quicktravel seems much more fun.
MadhaxscriverelminsterAedanalnairEdvinGod

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    THERE'S A GUY WHO WILL SMUGGLE ME INTO THE CITY?

Well, the fact that I've beaten this game multiple times and didn't know that makes me support your feature request. I almost missed Tamoko last time, too.
    TJ_Hookersepotter
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I'm with Madhax. Never knee such a guy existed. The only reason I meet Tamoko is that I usually stop by Sorcerous Sundries on my way. Or is it Hussam you meet around there? It's the only reason, still. Having to sneak through the streets, a wanted criminal, would be great for atmosphere.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Well, it's not Hussam. You can meet him just before the bridge to the city.
    But I won't tell you more, don't want to spoil it to you :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Bhaaldog said:

Kirkor said:

[ATTENTION! MASSIVE SPOILERS!]

OK, this is something that seems quite easy to do and may improve the gameplay significantly.
    So when we enter Chapter Seven (leaving Candlekeep after being accused of murder), city of Baldur's Gate should be blanked again (not possible to quick travel through it - you would have to enter those areas again to make it able to quicktravel). You should be only able to quicktravel to the city's bridge.

Why? Because:
    1) You miss alot of content when quicktravel is available from the start - dialogs with Tamoko, guy who offers to "smuggle" you into the city etc.
    2) It makes too easy to avoid Flaming Fist, when you can just quicktravel.
    3) Sneaking around the city without quicktravel seems much more fun.

I do not think players should necessarily be forced into exploring areas (in this case the same area again).
    I would agree with you, but quicktraveling through a city, where everyone are after you feels almost like cheating - "Oh, you guys are after me? Let me just teleport to other side of the city to your quarters, just for lulz".
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Bhaaldog said:

I do not think players should necessarily be forced into exploring areas (in this case the same area again).

It's not really exploring it again, though - it's not like they'll have to put blackness all over the maps again (I hope). And it adds to the experience rather than just forcing you for no reason.
    scriver said:

Bhaaldog said:

It's not really exploring it again, though - it's not like they'll have to put blackness all over the maps again (I hope).
    No, the fog of war would be untouched (it wouldn't be coverd again with black fog).
    The only thing you would have to "rediscover" are paths to Baldur's Gate city worldmap areas.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I give this elminster approval (which means nothing).
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    one thing that i do find annoying is though that when you prove your innocence, the flaming fist still want to eat you for lunch , and speaking of that, when you go back to the flaming fist in chapter 7 and kill them all off, how can there still be flaming fist to harass you?
    edited August 2013
    sarevok57 said:

one thing that i do find annoying is though that when you prove your innocence, the flaming fist still want to eat you for lunch , and speaking of that, when you go back to the flaming fist in chapter 7 and kill them all off, how can there still be flaming fist to harass you?

They are out patrolling when you are busy killing off their brethren?
    oquin
  • oquinoquin Member Posts: 3
    If you are evil and have evil companions you can go round the city killing flaming fists as you please!
    elminster
    oquin said:

If you are evil and have evil companions you can go round the city killing flaming fists as you please!

I hate dem flaming fist pansies!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Meagloth supports this feature request