Skip to content

Hello

ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
edited August 2013 in New Members Welcome Area
My name is Peter
I am a huge fan of baldurs gate and pretty much every game the bioware has put out. Baldurs Gate being my all time favorite game. I was giddy when the EE was released and depressed when it was hacksawed after release (seriously when has that ever happened)

I hope the game goes forward and I hope the genre is given another grand adventure in the Ad&D setting

Comments

• ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Welcome to the forums. I can't say that I'm a fan of every game that Bioware has put out (I haven't played any of those released in recent years, with the exception of DA:O), but the Baldur's Gate games definitely rate near the top of my all-time favorite games list. We're all hoping that these legal troubles are dealt with so that the game can move forward and we can get our hands on BG2:EE.

As for another grand adventure in the genre, it's my personal hope that, once Beamdog has established their reputation with a number of successful and finished EEs, they'll pursue an original RPG (potentially through Kickstarter) and include all the things that made the BG games great, without the strings attached to the D&D license.

Of course, if they can get it to work and get a reasonable level of creative freedom, then I certainly wouldn't mind a BG3 set in the current D&D timeline; enough has changed that it could even take place largely in/around the city of Baldur's Gate.