Skip to content

Hello

Hello everybody, I'm David and I play Baldur's Gate.

I've been lurking here for quite some time and would just like to show my support by posting, I'm not really a forum person.

I've been playing the game since it came out, being eleven years old at the time and with a dictionary by my side having learned all my English up to then from other video games and cartoon series.

I haven't purchased the enhanced edition yet, I'm waiting for part II to be released as well for a full playthrough, as I consider both BG and BGII one game. It would just feel awkward to play it any other way and not being able to import my Enhanced char in BGII.

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    You CAN import your BG EE character into BG 2 Vanilla. That's exactly what I am doing for my first BG 1 + BG 2 complete playthrough.
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    Hi Heindrich, well thanks for that. I do actually remember reading in some FAQ that it wasn't possible though.

Well, then I know how I'll spend my next week off. Joining the forum turned out to be a good idea already. ;)
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    You're welcome. :)

The FAQ might've been referring to the new BG EE kits, which won't work for BG 2. I think they are Dragon Disciple, Dark Moon/Sun Soul Monk, Shadowdancer, Dwarven Defender and Black Guard. Apart from those, everything else works fine.

In fact BG 2 works better with BG EE than BG Vanilla cos BG EE uses the BG 2 game engine and mechanics. For example your Charname retains the spells he learnt in BG EE in BG 2, whereas I don't think this is the case if u transferred from BG 1 Vanilla.